Vodafone - Beware Before Taking out Contracts or Cancelling (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I have had lots of trouble with Vodafone in the Past.

First with a Mobile contract that was nothing but hassle and cost a fortune.

Second was a USB Dongle Package

Third and last was with Mobile Data package. First I was being over charged for premium texts Messages at £25 a go. When I called Vodafone they could not understand why I could not go into my phone settings! "Is your mobile iPhone or Android?". Its not a mobile, its a mobile Data with R219 modem. "Its a what?" Eventually, they accepted that it had been hacked and credited me for the £250 of premium texts.

On first occasion when I cancelled my contract they claimed I had not. In the first instance, I could'nt be bothered and paid the a couple of hundred pounds to settle the matter, that was their fault.

This last time, I cancelled last Feb 2020. My Daughter logged the details, time, date, name of operator. I received and email stating "sorry you are thinking of leaving us!......do you wish to unlock your device".

A couple of months later, I get an email from Debt collection company, did not say what for. Contacted the Debt company. They said it was vodafone. Explained details, sent them the aforementioned information and heard nothing more.

Then I get another email from a different debt collection agency. Rang Agency, asked me to verify my details so she could log into account. Total Bitch, I explained that the Invoices came to my Business office address, but the account was registered at my Registered office address which was a pre-request from Vodafone when I took the contract out.
I kept giving her all the correct details, Address, Postcodes, telephone numbers. Still could not find the details she said. So, I had to google my own Registered office to give her the precise "first line". At last, we were in!

I explained that I had not received any paper invoices from Vodafone, like we used to. No reminders or communications in any form from Vodafone. They asked me to email the cancelation details, emails from Vodafone etc. I did just that.

Few weeks later came the response. "Vodafone have not accepted the information you have provided".... "Therefore, we have been asked to proceed with collection of the outstanding debt".

I emailed the debt collection company and suggested they do just that, take further action and take the matter to court.

I also advised them that, "If they and their client Vodafone were to lose the case. I would counter sue for my costs and the costs of my witness to the cancellation"

Less than a week later I received an email from the debt collection agency to say. Their client Vodafone had decided no further action would be taken and the matter closed.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
here

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 12.00.29.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Check this hasn't affected your credit rating.
It has not.

I forgot to mention the time we went over the 50GB in Europe. I did not realise my Grandchildren were connected to the dongle and not the Villa wifi. Vodafone sent me a massive bill. I contacted the accounts dept, they put me through to contracts. They said they could not cap data and wanted payment. Many phone calls later they cancelled the charges. Accepting that they should have capped or warned of how close were were to the limit.

Buster30

Free Member
Aug 4, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes ML580
Exp
Since 2018
We have used Vodafone for our business for over 15 years,have had nothing to complain about

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back