Venice with a dog (1 Viewer)

Feb 20, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5yrs
Currently in Slovenia but want to visit Venice before lake Garda - any suggestions for a campsite near to which will enable us to take the dog in via bus or boat (vaporetto) Any advice much appreciated- cheers

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
There's several around Punta Sabbioni although we've always used the free are there:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/venice-punta-sabbioni.69221/

You can take a boat taxi with the dog although they request a muzzle on them, we used a scarf and they were' fine with that.

Our Irish Terrier enjoyed the pigeons in Pizza san Marco:D and the Border just took it all in his stride.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
There's several around Punta Sabbioni although we've always used the free are there:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/venice-punta-sabbioni.69221/

You can take a boat taxi with the dog although they request a muzzle on them, we used a scarf and they were' fine with that.

Our Irish Terrier enjoyed the pigeons in Pizza san Marco:D and the Border just took it all in his stride.

Goodness, tying up a dogs muzzle in summer seems a bit cruel ( don't mean you--- mean the person who insisted on it) was it just for the boat taxi trip ? So long since Ive been to Venice I can't recall if I saw dogs on vaperettos or not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes just for the boat trip so around 20mins or so. They were very relaxed about it as ours wriggled out of they poorly mackereled together scarfs after a few minutes

OP
OP
TravelsRus
Feb 20, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5yrs
Thanks - I've brought a muzzle just in case - although our border terrier hates it - will have a look at sites - thanks

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Would think they would be more worried about plugging up the other end of the dogs, one of the worst places I have been for dog crap on the paths.
Don't know if it the law to clean up after dogs in any European towns/city?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We bought a muzzle but never used it. (Though Mrs B threatens me with it from time to time)
We stayed at Fusina, it was a bit noisy when the young ones were partying but it was very convenient for the ferry. We got a 24 hour ticket and left the dog at home, she was elderly and quite happy to snooze, it wasn't the height of summer. We did different visits, morning, afternoon and evening with trips back to walk, feed and cuddle the dog.
It suited us at the time

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Not sure if you already know any Italian but you'll find 'Permesso per favore' (permit me to pass please) very handy in Venice, especially on leaving the Vaporetto.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back