Using our MoHo over the Easter break? (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Hi gang, what is perceived wisdom on travelling in our MoHo over the Easter break? I’m tentatively thinking of travelling from the Runcorn area to Taunton to a certain Vanbitz supplier to have some solar panel/battery charger work done. Would Bank Holiday in first week of May be more likely to be legal/possible? I’ve read lots of stuff in the news and heard lots of pontificating from our esteemed Government people but still feel that the situation is unclear. Are we technically going on holiday? Or are we going to have work carried out on the van? All constructive thoughts welcome!

Cheers!

Russ & Kathryn.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
If you are not staying overnight then this sounds fine to me 👍🏻
Edit
That’s 3.5 hours each way so going to be a very long day . The campsite will be open form April 12th onwards so if you need to stay overnight then this will be the first day possible .

Last edited:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Hi gang, what is perceived wisdom on travelling in our MoHo over the Easter break? I’m tentatively thinking of travelling from the Runcorn area to Taunton to a certain Vanbitz supplier to have some solar panel/battery charger work done. Would Bank Holiday in first week of May be more likely to be legal/possible? I’ve read lots of stuff in the news and heard lots of pontificating from our esteemed Government people but still feel that the situation is unclear. Are we technically going on holiday? Or are we going to have work carried out on the van? All constructive thoughts welcome!

Cheers!

Russ & Kathryn.
Russ
The way I see it, is that a “stay at home” law is in place BUT the roadmap cleary states that this stay at home order ENDS March 29th, the Monday before Easter
This is set in stone irrespective of meeting govt targets

The challenge will be that campsites( for example) cannot open before 12 April so you would have to be self contained or “wild” ( Van bitz car park.?)

Also, consider that April 12th is NOT set in stone, but unlikely to change

Unless of course you plan to do it in a single day, good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Russ
The way I see it, is that a “stay at home” law is in place BUT the roadmap cleary states that this stay at home order ENDS March 29th, the Monday before Easter
This is set in stone irrespective of meeting govt targets

The challenge will be that campsites( for example) cannot open before 12 April so you would have to be self contained or “wild” ( Van bitz car park.?)

Also, consider that April 12th is NOT set in stone, but unlikely to change

Unless of course you plan to do it in a single day, good luck
But overnight stays are still not permitted so I guess it’s drive there and back in one day or wait until the 12th when the campsites open again.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
But overnight stays are still not permitted so I guess it’s drive there and back in one day or wait until the 12th when the campsites open again.
Sorry, I have missed the ‘overnight stays’ rule, I thought it was inclued in the “ stay at home” law

Can you point it to me please?

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Sorry, I have missed the ‘overnight stays’ rule, I thought it was inclued in the “ stay at home” law

Can you point it to me please?
Maybe I am wrong lol . Just the way I read it .
. I was under the impression you can’t stay overnight until the 12th of April and then only with your own household and in self contained accommodation.
I think I will refrain from commenting further , before I confuse the OP and myself even further 😃👍🏻

Last edited:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
. I was under the impression you can’t stay overnight until the 12th of April and then only with your own household and in self contained accommodation.
I think I will refrain from commenting further , before I confuse the OP and myself even further 😃👍🏻
dont stop commenting on my behalf though, happy to listen to all

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
You're in good company. I do that all the time, I think, although I'm not quite sure whether I read it or wrote it. On the other hand................:unsure:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

Cheers!

Russ & Kathryn.
Just re-reading the OP Van Bitz doesn't re-open till the 12th April and April is already fully booked as is most of May

Sorry :whistle:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Overnight stays are not permitted in England until the 12 April and that would only be for self-contained accommodation and as a single household.
I dont want to go away
BUT
Overnight stays ( the ban thereof) is part of the “stay-at-home” legislation

The said stay-at-home legislation ends on 29th March

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Stage two
No earlier than 12 April:

All shops allowed to open
Restaurants and pub gardens will be allowed to serve customers sitting outdoors, including alcohol
Gyms and spas can reopen for individuals and households
Hairdressers, beauty salons and other "close contact services" can reopen
UK domestic holidays away from home permitted, with self-contained accommodation able to reopen for use by members of the same household
Children allowed to attend indoor play activities, with up to 15 parents or guardians allowed to join them
Zoos, theme parks and drive-in cinemas can reopen
Libraries and community centres can reopen
Weddings attended by up to 15 people can take place

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Overnight stays are not permitted in England until the 12 April
So it amounts to discrimination then as if someone works nights & sleeps by day they are not subject to the rules? I used to have all this with insurance companies years agio when working 24/7/365 , there is no "night"

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Yes all very strange as it’s all very clear.
I don’t think it’s all very clear.

Ive been trying to obtain a definitive response to my question: Can I take my motorhome to a garage for servicing,within County but 30 miles away? I thought the best people to ask would be Her Majesty’s Police Force.............not at all,they told me to ask the garage. The blind leading the blind.
If the answer to my question is “no”,why is a garage that only does motorhome,even open?

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
So it amounts to discrimination then as if someone works nights & sleeps by day they are not subject to the rules? I used to have all this with insurance companies years agio when working 24/7/365 , there is no "night"
Very interesting point 👍🏻

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
If you are asking the question then i think you already know the true answer !!
If I knew the answer(s) I wouldn’t be asking the question(s).

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
If I knew the answer(s) I wouldn’t be asking the question(s).
The reason you will find it difficult to get a straight answer is due to the subjective wording of the legislation which is then also muddied by vague and contradictory 'guidelines'.
In summary the distance is irrelevant as it does not feature in any of the legislation, if the garage is listed as a place allowed to be open for business the only question you need to ask yourself is whether you can satisfy the 'reasonably necessary' criterion. It is all detailed in https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1374/schedule/3A which is quite lengthy so make a cuppa before you wade into it!

OP
OP
RustyRuss
Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
How can “laws” be subjective? ”Reasonably necessary?” It’s a metaphorical mud bath, as usual!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back