• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Used Hymer Grand Canyon or Adria 600 twin (1 Viewer)

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
Looking for one of these two vehicle, ideally in Grey and up to a couple of years old. LHD imports just as acceptable.

thanks

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Hi Tony
I noticed Brownhills have a 2017 Adria twin SP less than 3000 miles for £39,995 no idea if that’s a good price but hope it helps.
Ray

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
Thanks Ray, it's the right kind of thing, just can't bring myself to have a white van

cheers Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why not see how much they are abroad ... probably cheaper than here and you might just get the colour you want!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
You will get some good deals abroad on the Hymer car, when we looked at them there was a massive price saving over UK prices.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I was just looking at Adria Twins being nosey because a funster is getting one. Spinney have some .. seem better value than above but then I think people have different ideas. . And I'm not savvy. Might be worth you having a look at their web page just to get some idea.

OP
OP
T

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
Thanks Movan, I could only see one Adria Twin on Spinney, a little older than i was looking for, thanks though.

OP
OP
T

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
Thanks for the suggestion of looking abroad. Have been looking abroad too, mostly Germany via mobile.de (and talking to Bundesvan). Have enquired about several and the communication has been a little stilted, particularly when i ask about specific Hymer/ Adria certificates of compliance (CoCs). Am continuing to try that path but also by enquiring on here and seeing if anyone has one to sell in the UK.

OP
OP
T

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
Thanks for your help.

I am in the process of completing on a Hymer Grand Canyon from Germany. Looking forward to the collection trip.

Tony

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We changed vans in December and now have a Hymercar Fiat GC.

We downsized from a Burstner coach built and love the smaller van! Although there are compromises in some areas (kitchen and bathroom, but nothing that can't be overcome) other things are great (large bed, 'patio door', folding table).

We have had a couple of short trips away and are still fine-tuning the set-up - the latest challenge is to fit the Nature Pure water filter under the kitchen sink!

Are you having the Fiat or the Merc GC?

OP
OP
T

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
Went for a grey fiat based van. Nice spec with awning bike rack, rear view camera, black vinyl infills on the outside look smart.
We did look at both Fiat and Merc versions in the UK and although externally I loved the Merc inside, it definitely felt smaller inside and the extra cost was significant.
So a flight and drive back from Southern Germany in four weeks. Looking forward to it.
Have been considering lpg. Do you think it’s worth me asking the dealer to quote for it out there ?

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Sounds good! Exciting times ahead! (y)

We have Gaslow 1 x 11kg and 1 x 6 kg. I have no idea of full costs as we swapped the system from our old van and just had to add a smaller bottle as we couldn’t fit 2 big ones in.

Hopefully someone will be able to advise!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So a flight and drive back from Southern Germany in four weeks. Looking forward to it.
Have you managed to sort out fully comprehensive insurance for you to drive it back? I understand that a lot of companies will only give third party cover in mainland Europe and then comp once it lands in the UK.
Have been considering lpg. Do you think it’s worth me asking the dealer to quote for it out there ?
I wouldn't even ask about fitting a refillable gas system abroad as the parts are more expensive there, better to buy it in the UK and fit it yourself.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Have you managed to sort out fully comprehensive insurance for you to drive it back? I understand that a lot of companies will only give third party cover in mainland Europe and then comp once it lands in the UK.

I wouldn't even ask about fitting a refillable gas system abroad as the parts are more expensive there, better to buy it in the UK and fit it yourself.

We used AiB last April when bringing ours back, fully comp, although it will depend on what van you are getting, price etc. Ours was a 2005 costing a little over 30 grand.
Agree about lpg tank, get it done over here.

OP
OP
T

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
Ah. Thanks for the good advice on the lpg.

Haven’t sorted the insurance yet. My understanding is that the German plates cover you third party in the EU ? Did AiB just need the VIN to insure it fully comp ?

OP
OP
T

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
I meant the plates the Germans put on for export vehicles

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

OP
OP
T

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
Ownedbycollies - would you mind telling me how much your road tax is? I need to register the van when it gets here and want to make sure i don't get overcharged, is yours a 130 or 150ps?

thanks

OP
OP
T

Tony430

Free Member
Jan 13, 2019
Braunton
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
newbie i'm afraid
Ninjabob - forgot to say thanks for the link to the Grand Canyon Merc ad. The German van fell through and I ended up buying the one you linked to. We are sooo happy with the van, it was ideal. Quick trip form Devon to York to collect and a few trial weekends away since. Thanks again.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Great - love a happy ending

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun