Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Hi, am wondering if its possible to have a USB port fitted to the van stereo so a flash drive can be inserted that holds 100s of albums rather than lugging loads of cds around ? anyone ever had it done or if its doable ? Thx in advance :D

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Wherever the mood takes me.....
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
The stereo in our van has a jack plug point so we can plug the mp4 player into it. Maybe yours does too?

We also use the mp4 with a small, battery-operated speaker for music whilst we're parked up too.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
only if the sound system can play digital content and has a line in compatible with usb. otherwise you will need a compatible head unit with a usb port

Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Jan.2014
Shhhh!
Lidle's Stereo that they sell from time to time has a jackplug and a USB for about £26.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
MH
A Class
Exp
33 years
I replaced the rather naff Sony radio in mine with a Lidl special, which has USB and an SD port. It has bluetooth for hands free and even reads any texts you get in quite a good voice.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
..rather than lugging loads of cds around?
Are all your CDs the original audio CDs? If your player has MP3 playback it's worth 'ripping' the CDs with iTunes then compiling a few CDs full of MP3 files. You can fit loads more tracks onto a MP3 CD.

Personally I bought a cheapo Aldi Slag player (ie easily accepts all sorts of input).

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services