Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I have been watching some American videos, and one guy has an extension tube to help pump up the inner tyre on a 4 wheel axle. I thought that this was a great idea, but all the ones I can find are short ones to use on scooters. Has anyone used them, and do they help with the inflation of inner tyres?

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, had them fitted on our RV which had dual rears. Got them from Star Spangled Spanner RV spares though they are a standard fit.

Mick

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
Got one on my spare, it’s about 3ft if memory serves (EDIT: actually 2 at 18 inches connected), it clips to the body behind the rear wheel arch and is ideal. I bought a 90 degree valve extension for it too, it makes it a much neater fit. I bought them over 3 years ago now and still work fine, I check my tyres weekly. I posted on here at the time of fitting, I’ll have a dig for it and where I bought it.
Found it:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Search 'tyre valve extension' on ebay.... Dozens of em.
But be warned a lot are rubbish and leak.
One set I bought for the RVs inner rears ripped out/smoothed out the thread when I tightened it to the valve...... And they only need to be finger tight.
I reckon the thread was moulded in using solder or plasticine .

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I'm looking for some for my Merc twin wheeler. I has those big stainless trims. I want some so I can fit Tyrepal senders but all I can find have clumsy waiting-to-go-rusty brackets for the outer ends.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I used to have them on our RV, but there is a risk of them pulling rubber valves out. Much safer with metal valves.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back