tunnel tomorrow afternoon, going Eastwards for a trip to ??????????? (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You suvverners have nicked everything. The channel went though Manchester once 'till you lot moved it and left us with the ship canal.
You lot are weird up north, spent a year in Wardle just outside Rochdale in the mid 70's.
Whole of Rochdale used to close for wakes week in June everyone buggered off to the seaside. Even Woolworth and M & S closed but the banks stayed open even though there was nowhere to spend your money.
Don't mention the weather it was 1976 everyone moaning about how hot & dry it was for us southerners it were a normal summer.:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
All you generator haters should have been with us last night, ten foot away and the fridge motor was running continuously at about 2000 rpm the after 1/2 hour would kick in to 4000rpm, for half an hour. Stuck there until 7am when he drove off. Earplugs made little difference, just gave me an earache trying to lie on one. There seems very little silencing on those things, the other drivers must want to kill after a few nights near one. Tonight in a villager in Belgium miles from anywhere on a park next to a village sports hall, found in Camperstops. Good way of finding out of the way places.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
All you generator haters should have been with us last night, ten foot away and the fridge motor was running continuously at about 2000 rpm the after 1/2 hour would kick in to 4000rpm, for half an hour. Stuck there until 7am when he drove off. Earplugs made little difference, just gave me an earache trying to lie on one. There seems very little silencing on those things, the other drivers must want to kill after a few nights near one. Tonight in a villager in Belgium miles from anywhere on a park next to a village sports hall, found in Camperstops. Good way of finding out of the way places.

As a truck driver you get used to them, Only thing that stops me sleeping is my wife snoring.BUSBY:xgrin:

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The quiet aire in Belgium Village was lovely and quiet UNTIL the gang turned up at 7.00 with two tracked diggers on lorries and proceeded to dig up the football ground the make foundations for a new village hall. I feel haunted now. Cite de Europe is at least handy for the tunnel home.
Back home now, to get ready for the bigger trip to Spain after Christmas day. We went almost as far as Bremen but turned south and back through Belgium. What ever I do with that van ends up with a 1000 miles on the clock, at least. Gibraltar is three time more but at least it is warmer in Spains South end unlike the Beast from the East last year in the Zarragoza area in the Pyranees.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Please, please give us advance warning of where you are going so we can keep well clear. I get enough of my own bad luck.:xsmile:

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We are going to Spain at Christmas, last year it was SO Quiet on the Spanish service , Us, five trucks stuck over the new year in a lorry park and six kittens wanting to be friends. Nothing at all there no, cars nothing.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Funny thing.. We do not hear the fridges any more.. Did when we first started travelling but no longer............

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Yes, you probably avoid them, and the places they are, like the plague. The one that drove us mad was directly opposite, and ten foot from the beds and it was particularly loud, the big diggers I referred to, were very well silenced, and only the clanking of the tracks was really heard as they went up the road to the soft stuff.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Yes, you probably avoid them, and the places they are, like the plague. The one that drove us mad was directly opposite, and ten foot from the beds and it was particularly loud, the big diggers I referred to, were very well silenced, and only the clanking of the tracks was really heard as they went up the road to the soft stuff.
I think John means he is a bit mutt & jefft these days. :xgrin:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nope.. always park in amongst the lorries ( not wishing to make us a target ) and take pot luck.. we simply got so used to them we do not here them.
For many years as a child and teenager our house backed on to main London/Southend line
My bedroom was about 35ft from the railway.. after about a week I never heard them

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I hear some people manage to do that, to not hear the wife talking next to them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back