Trying to identify this camera setup…

Deafender

LIFE MEMBER
Joined
May 23, 2021
Posts
139
Likes collected
508
Location
Buckingham
Funster No
81,409
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600
Exp
On our second MH
Hi, can I please enlist some advice…

I have a 2 year old PVC bought a year or so ago and my only issue is this camera array at the rear. The left hand one (not in the close up photo) is working fine, the right hand one presents to the display only milky images, and is letting water in somewhere.. when it’s really wet conditions, it shows the water ingress there sloshing around… the body is cracked so the water ingress is no surprise, and it looks more like it’s 10 years old not 2-ish… probably due to this and last years summer heat heating up the van metal bodywork sufficiently to split the plastic camera body, but still very disappointing. It came with the van and now out of warranty, so I’m on my own fixing it.

I’ve put sealant and tape over the cracks I can see, time will tell if that works - but I still need to clean out - or replace - that lens.

Two immediate questions - would anyone know what make this is - there’s no branding anywhere I can see, and no instructions in the pack that came with the MH… I am hoping to find some instructions and maybe spare parts online. The display is built in to the head unit, so no clues there either…
And
Whether the camera lens shown in the attached close up image unscrews from the outside? I am hugely reluctant to either try it and find the answer was “no”, or to remove the whole white camera body, as it looks like it’ll fall apart if unscrewed from the van. I unscrewed the high level brake light and there’s no access behind there to the back of these cameras, just some wiring which is looking fine.

Ultimately I’ll just get the lot replaced if necessary, but prefer a fix if possible…Hoping somebody out there might have more of a clue on this than I do…:unsure:


IMG_4378.jpeg





IMG_4374.jpeg


IMG_4376.jpeg
 
Hi, can I please enlist some advice…

I have a 2 year old PVC bought a year or so ago and my only issue is this camera array at the rear. The left hand one (not in the close up photo) is working fine, the right hand one presents to the display only milky images, and is letting water in somewhere.. when it’s really wet conditions, it shows the water ingress there sloshing around… the body is cracked so the water ingress is no surprise, and it looks more like it’s 10 years old not 2-ish… probably due to this and last years summer heat heating up the van metal bodywork sufficiently to split the plastic camera body, but still very disappointing. It came with the van and now out of warranty, so I’m on my own fixing it.

I’ve put sealant and tape over the cracks I can see, time will tell if that works - but I still need to clean out - or replace - that lens.

Two immediate questions - would anyone know what make this is - there’s no branding anywhere I can see, and no instructions in the pack that came with the MH… I am hoping to find some instructions and maybe spare parts online. The display is built in to the head unit, so no clues there either…
And
Whether the camera lens shown in the attached close up image unscrews from the outside? I am hugely reluctant to either try it and find the answer was “no”, or to remove the whole white camera body, as it looks like it’ll fall apart if unscrewed from the van. I unscrewed the high level brake light and there’s no access behind there to the back of these cameras, just some wiring which is looking fine.

Ultimately I’ll just get the lot replaced if necessary, but prefer a fix if possible…Hoping somebody out there might have more of a clue on this than I do…:unsure:


View attachment 1265548




View attachment 1265452

View attachment 1265453

Looks the same as this one to me.

 
Looks the same as this one to me.

Hi - only just seen this now, and MANY thanks! 🙏

I went on their website and it’s the one, so I’ve written to them with the details and will see what they come back with… I’m expecting it’ll be to replace the unit, and if so they still list the exact one on their website - being like for like it’ll at least be easy to do myself.
 

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Log in

Already a member? Log in here.

Forum posts reflect the views of individual users and not MotorhomeFun.
MotorhomeFun does not endorse or verify user-generated content.

Back
Top