Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have never had any trouble from the heater which is marked C343E which I think is the french number for a C4002.
I had drained down the water in case of frost after putting a duct back into the rear socket, it had been left out and made for a cold living space but a warm cupboard. Then I fitted a new Gasit bottle to replace the smaller gaslow, too kit to the garage and filled right up both bottles. turned off the 6kg one and left the new big one on. The gas hob worked fine after the gas stabilised in a minute. But after a week we were going away so I filled the water system up and bled the air out of the water heater OK, BUT the damn thing will not start, The switch shows green so there is power going in and there is gas but it makes no noises at all nothing no clicks no whirrs no relays going , zilch. The green light stays on in all positions but nothing in any of them. I tried pulling the water drain right up as there seems to be a switch on it that might not have clicked in.
Is there a fuse?
Is there a small battery?
Is there a reset button?
I hope it is not the fabled PCB as they are a small fortune but nothing happened to cause it to go, just turned it on and it didn't.
I did read as many of the relevant pages on the forum but nothing seemed to fit with my fault. Any ideas?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The green light staying on is a mystery if the unit is not firing up as it should switch to red to signify a failed startup.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
no experience of the truma combis but i am a domestic boiler engineer if the green light is staying on it would suggest the ignition sequence hasnt started at all as a failed attempt would go red from the little i know it would be logical that the fan would be first thing in the sequence i would start by checking if there is voltage at the fan if there is and its not running thats the problem it could have just stuck or there may be a fuse on the pcb that blows when the fan sticks check fan spins freely and check any fuse sif all fuses good and no power to fan could well be a pcb problem
as i said no experience on this model but would assume they are similar to domestic to some degree
just had another thought there is probably a low water cut out as well which could stop operation although i thought you could run blown air even without water in the tank

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It is working again , After fiddling and farting for an hour or so I gave up and rang them at Truma.. The bloke there confirmed what I had done and then said it must be the pcb so take it out and send it to them for check,, I was sitting in the van talking to him doing nothing when, it clicked a couple of times and started making a racket,, I then pushed it over a bit and the noise stopped and off it went like, nothing wrong.., He said it must have been the fan touching the casing although it did turn when I touched.
I think it might have a cousin in Jaws's Van with his step problem.
I am also scared to go away and freeze if it stop working when I am out of range of home, so I will try it often and make sure it is going properly before we go anywhere. I must have moved the casing slightly when putting the duct back on, although it was fine that time when I tried it. ????????????????

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
yes but the fan still turned by finger and spun free, it just made a tinkling noise when it started, AND there was no red light which comes on when a fault is detected. It was just going to embarrass me when speaking to the tech man from Truma, as all mechanical things do when being checked by someone that knows.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
dont know if you read my recent thread on my truma combi but seem to be a loose connection on the pcb. refitted now ok, very similar fault as yours

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I thought it was me with the loos connection.
Getting older you see.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back