Truma help (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
A1D34403-6F48-44AA-AC71-A60A491916BA.jpeg
Help.

I’ve just filled up the van water system as we are going away and the overflow from the hot water outlet is constantly dripping a bit of research seems to show this is a small valve in the plastic elbow that stops the hot water over pressurising.
I don’t think I have a chance of buying a replacement now. Any good ideas how to fix it?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
If it is as you suspect its a pressure relief valve dripping id run the boiler up and see if it gets worse or stops it , if you havent already done that...
you might get away with using it if its only a drip... until you can replace the valve if it continues to leak..
Andy

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
May well take up when the boiler is hot, you're okay as long as it remains a drip.

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I tried running the boiler and it is a constant drip. It seems to stop once the boiler is off for a while.
It looks like we will have to eat out all of the time as we won’t be able to wash up.

I was thinking of taking it off and try cleaning it.

The van is only 6 months old so I’m sure the dealer will happily swap the valve, just a shame it will involve a 200 mile round trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
thats not a presure relief valve its an air admitance valve to sop the cylinder collapsing when you draw on it also called anti vac valve

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Take the T piece out and soak it in hot white vinegar as often if can be a calcium build up in the valve. New valve is about a tenner a lot cheaper than a 200 mile drive.

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
thats not a presure relief valve its an air admitance valve to sop the cylinder collapsing when you draw on it also called anti vac valve

I am not disagreeing as I don’t know but I can’t find that mentioned in the paperwork from Truma. The other pipe connected to it is the hot water draw off and the pipe that the water is dripping from goes straight out of the floor of the van. If that is what it is whether is the pressure relief valve and outlet that is mentioned in the Truam instructions as the only other outlet that runs out side is the frost protection.

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Why not, have to decale our kettle every few weeks, depends how hard the water is.

We live in a very hard water area and given the size of the valve that could be the case.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It is actually to allow air to escape when filling from empty Truma refer to it as an "aeration valve". When drawing off hot water the hot water is replaced with cold water coming in so the tank is always full.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Has it got a little clever on it , have you tried flicking it up and down, that sometimes cures it, usually it's a bit of grit in the valve. It's not often they fail when they are that new, but, then again :xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for all the help and options. I have tried it this morning and it seems fine.
It’s the first time I have ever filled the boiler after drain down so it could well be that that has caused it. We have hot water without the drip so all good and I will keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back