Truma Combi4E Autotrail Tracker RB 2017 Cold Front of Van (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kea P65
Exp
Since 2018
Ok I'm the second owner of this Van and my experience with the Truma Blown Air heating was the rear of the van and the washroom were extremely warm with plenty of hot air coming out the vents into these areas plus three blown air heating ducts (for mid and front of van) pass under the raised washroom floor making it feel like you have underfloor heating BUT the the vent by the HAB door and the two underseat vents at the front of the van were nowhere near as warm/hot.
I discovered that the blown air duct to the hab door area vent had a joint piece in it located under the slide out draw below the fridge. The heating duct pipe between that joint and the hab door area vent was not fitted and secured at either end so most of the hot air escaped under the draw. I have fitted this properly and also lagged it with armaflex insulation where it passes below the draw. Result heck of a lot more hot air coming out the vent.
The heating duct to the front seat area also passes under this draw and then out under the van - I have again fixed the joint properly where it passes through the floor and lagged both the under draw section and under the van section - result hey the front of the van now gets plenty of hot air and is also cosy and warm.
The usual under cab Fiat air vent on the passenger side has also now been blanked off (the one on the drivers side already had been.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Thank you go this

I have a auto trail apache 700 and found that the "T" join had come lose next to the heater

Can I ask, "what did you lag the heating pipes with, that travel under the vehicle?"

Could you provide link

As it seems kind of counter productive to heat air then pass it outside the vehicle to then bring it back into the vehicle to heat the front part of the van.

Danial

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Our Tracker FB was the same I actually filled the pillars of the cab with fireproof Foam that helped a bit and we would drape a curtain over the dash down to the floor.
now on second A class no such problems with themšŸ˜Š

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
I will be upgrading to a A class but just need to sell a kidney first and sell the van

I dont regret buying this van, but the thing I do regret is not buying one years earlier

šŸ˜Š

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back