Truma C 6002 EH. Would apreciate any assistance? (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi

C6002 Heater is installed under the kitchen, it recently stopped working of EHU. OK still on gas no problem.

I suspect that I will find one or more heating element has failed, However First I have to check it out.

The installer ( A French Person!) has sited it so that the cover over the EHU electrics can not be accessed direct, it will require me to remove the Cupboard in front and some panelling to even get near.

The reset "button" has been depressed several times with no result, so the next stage is to find a Fuse?, said to be in the Electrics Box.

So! has anyone in recent times carried out any work on this heater C6002 EH?. If so any advice would be gratefully received, before I start tearing lumps off the M-H!.

Cheers Pete.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Been reading some earlier Post`s. IF it is the heating elements, then I am not even going to try to replace them, not at a cost alleged in the order of £300!!. That is a LOT of gas!!.

Cant find the Dave Newel one specifically but have seen others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As every model of van will involve different location problems, perhaps if you mention the make and model of your van, someone may come forward with an answer. Alternatively search out an owners club, where enthusiasts may know the idiosyncrasies of your particular build.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
It's a while ago but I had the same electric problem. In the end I removed the whole unit from our Autotrail stripped and rebuilt it completely. I obtained the spare electric elements and other bits all for much less than £300 and quite enjoyed the work. PM me if you want help but I can't advise on how you remove the unit from your RV.

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I'm guessing that your motorhome is a Rapido due to the description of the heaters location. If so then I can confirm it's a pig of a job getting the heater out and back in, although not quite as bad as the dethleffs model i worked on last year. Once the heater is out it's a forty minute job to replace the elements (if you do go ahead with it be sure to adjust the gaps of the element slots in the heat exchanger, they invariably get wider and then the element doesn't contact the heat exchanger properly). Don't forget to replace the various o rings that you disturb in the strip down.

D.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Have you checked the fuse in the top RH corner of the actual unit ?? Its under a triangular plastic plate...
Or do I have the wrong model in mind..
Mitch.
PS. Good luck.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi

C6002 Heater is installed under the kitchen, it recently stopped working of EHU. OK still on gas no problem.

I suspect that I will find one or more heating element has failed, However First I have to check it out.

The installer ( A French Person!) has sited it so that the cover over the EHU electrics can not be accessed direct, it will require me to remove the Cupboard in front and some panelling to even get near.

The reset "button" has been depressed several times with no result, so the next stage is to find a Fuse?, said to be in the Electrics Box.

So! has anyone in recent times carried out any work on this heater C6002 EH?. If so any advice would be gratefully received, before I start tearing lumps off the M-H!.

Cheers Pete.

Our Rapido 9048 has this unit under the hob in a cupboard. When an element went e had it replaced and the technician removed the hob to get access. It is still working fine but I hardly ver use EHU since n many European campsites and /or airs or stellplatz the current cube a little as 6 amps n heating on water on EHU will take ages. I am, happy just using gas and will continue to use only that. If repair of yours is going to be very expensive and time consuming you may as well do the same.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Two things you might want to check: Firstly, there is a fuse on the PCB where the trip switch resides, which will be worth checking. I know it's difficult to get to in a Rapido, but it's doable, and only 4 screws! Trouble is, the screws are somewhat (!!) difficult to get to, but an electric screwdriver will make it much easier to get the cupboard back panel off. Then you have to pull the heat insulation out of the way, and the cover with the reset switch will be visible - cannot recall if there were any screws needed undoing to remove the cover, so you may need a torch and mirror to see what you are doing!!

Secondly, the selector switch may have failed. That's more difficult to determine without a known working one to try. My heater would work on mains only if you had the switch not quite in the right place, but, not if you moved the switch to the correct detent! New switch fixed the problem completely. Beware! There are a few different switches available, all do the same thing, but have different connectors. Make sure you get the right one for your installation!! Getting the switch off is easy - pop the escutcheon off, and undo the four screws you can then see.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
IMG_5639.JPG IMG_5635.JPG IMG_5636.JPG IMG_5637.JPG IMG_5638.JPG

The Images show the close proximity of the cover to the Wall of the motorhome, so close in fact that the cover, when the screws are removed has insufficient room to be removed!!!.

Pic no4, the white strip you see is the EDGE of the access door, and no amount of "fiddling" will allow the cover off!!, as it needs be be pulled out of the flanging. It is now the case that until such time the heater fails in some other way and needs to be physically removed, which I hope is not in my time!. The Heater will remain "gas only"!!!.

JFD. Thanks for that I will look at the switch. But it appears to be working OK? for all the other functions.:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back