Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
World (from East Sussex)
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER 2 berth
Exp
Set off Newhaven - Dieppe 26/9/2013
Well off to have my potential first motorhome checked out today before I part with the £18,500.00. So by the end of the day I may be the owner of 2002 Autosleeper Lancashire. Supposed to have less than 17000 on the clock and it does look legitimate to me. Seems pretty well equipped - but I guess I'll be trawling through the site to find out about 12v/240v microwaves (Wavebox?), Solar panels, lightweight mopeds, Gas bottles on the continent. I've sold up and move out of my home of the last 18 years on 4th November -- pretty much got rid of everything -- local charity shop has looked like my house for the last couple of months! Small rented storage for the few "can't part with" things - generally quite liberating. Planning to try trips around UK through to Christmas to get used to things before trying a run down through France/Spain/Portugal in the new year.

Of course, the vehicle examination may find it is the welded remains of three different motorhomes and I'll be back to square one.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi canorman, have a great trip, all the very best of luck

............................Griff

Upvote 0
OP
OP
canorman

canorman

Free Member
Oct 19, 2011
World (from East Sussex)
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER 2 berth
Exp
Set off Newhaven - Dieppe 26/9/2013
Bought it!

OK, so now I'm a genuine newbie motorhomer. All checked out ok except for slight noise from one wheel bearing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Check for recall on gearbox drain on that age - there should be a modification whereby the drain is extended and routed behind the gearbox.

If not modified, the gearbox will fill with water, resulting in difficulty engaging 1st/2nd (stiff or clunky) and a slight flickering on the speedo.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Welcome aboard in every sense, sounds as if you are ready for the adventure of a life time, we have quite a few timers on here and even a sister site for full timing, enjoy your new lifestyle.:welcomefunster:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back