Sep 5, 2020
Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 714SB
Exp
Since 2018
Hi everyone and thanks for previous help,
Does anyone have experience of Ireland and how, also places to get from a site into Dublin, never seem to see much about
Ps roll on Freedom 😷🥳

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hopefully, we will attend a wedding in Dublin later this year. Researching for a place to stay with easy access to the city by taxi or public transport. I found this site by doing a google search or by using searchforsites.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Post Covid services I cannot comment about, but the Dublin buses and train services were very good in the late 2000s especially the local train services. Not sure if that helps at really as things will have changed. We stayed in Hough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can't help with the Dublin bit only been there working didn't do Dublin when we went in the van.
Wild camped every where always welcome, if you see a no camping sign the locals will tell you to park in front of it as its only for the travellers.

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
I go to Ireland regularly. It is a most hospitable place, and you will get nothing but warmth. The Irish equivalent of here is 'Motorhome Craic', and a stopover resource is Safenights Ireland.

Out of big towns and cities my experience is, and it all depends on how you approach it, that if you engage people, usually over a beer, somebody will offer you a corner of a field for a night.

There are plenty of campsites if that is your thing, and Calor is available, plus Autogas if you are on refillables.

As far as Dublin is concerned, there is an Aire at Howth, a short train ride into the city. Some of the best restos around are on a quayside opposite. Usually well booked up, but you can usually get a table if you like to eat early. However, these days, who knows?

Reactions: f6c

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We did Ireland in August 2019 and had a great time. Re stop in Dublin, In the past many MH used the area around Howth harbour and caught the train into Dublin city . The problem now is back in 2019 the started cracking down in overnight parking and were ticketing the vans. Perhaps others can come along and give an update on this location. I probably suspect that its still the same if you take into account that Covid broke out in the Spring of 2020 so any 2020 change of policy probably did not happen.
We found a Motorhome aire/site called Camper park Dublin out near the airport. On bus route into Dublin. In 2019 the MH park had only opened for a short while and although at 25 euro a bit expensive but good around services. They have a web site. Its at the back of the large and I mean large carpark which is acts as a lorry park. This lorry pArk gets used by a number of lorries but the mh section is segregated by electric gates at the back and your are not disturbed by them.
The whole complex is owned and run by the pub on site. Good Guiness (well it would be good wouldn't it) food Ok and live music at weekends.

As far as MH around the rest of Ireland great mixture of Marinas, campsites and wild camping.

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Lenny HB is quite right - forgot to mention that.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I`ve booked the ferry to Ireland for July figuring it might be a bit less crowded than England / Wales or Scotland.
Planning on touring the Wild Atlantic Way
Dublin has a really good metro system

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I have stayed on the Camac Valley camp site, on the N7 near Corkagh Park. That was a few years ago, but they have a website and I think they are still open. There was a bus into the centre, about every hour, I think. If I was visiting in Dublin that's where I would stay. I don't know how Covid has changed the situation.

OP
OP
J
Sep 5, 2020
Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 714SB
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for that everyone, now teaching the wife to speak Irish. “ go to the bar and get two pints of Guinness and one for yourself “. Can’t repeat what she said and done 🍺👍

OP
OP
J
Sep 5, 2020
Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 714SB
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for that everyone, now teaching the wife to speak Irish. “ go to the bar and get two pints of Guinness and one for yourself “. Can’t repeat what she said and done 🍺👍

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It's much busier than I thought it would be. Even the small towns down country are busy.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Another vote for Camac Park, reasonable price and bus direct into the city.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back