Travelling in Italy in Setember (1 Viewer)

Fenside1

Free Member
Aug 4, 2017
Funster No
Hi
We are travelling for the month of September in Italy
Have done this by car for 2 years but have now bought our motorhome and will be towing a trailer as well.
Could anybody recommend sites in the Puglia area, we are unsure whether we need to book in advance or has anyone used the aires de sosta sites.
Any help would really be appreciated. Our route will be from Zeebrugge.
Many thanks

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! We will be in Italy in September and I've been planning our route and identifying possible places to stay. Mostly, I use the CamperContact app to identify aires (or sostas in Italy) but we will also use campsites. The campsites will all be ones listed in the ACSI books.
Some of the Italian sostas are expensive and an ACSI rate campsite often not much more for a more pleasant place to stay in my experience. But there are free sostas usually created by villages called "area comunales". These can all be found with CamperContact (other sources are available :)) and the app can be downloaded by searching for All Motorhome Parkings in the Apple or Android play stores. You need the paid version which costs about £5 per year. The ACSI books you can get from Vicarious Books or direct from ACSI. We won't be booking anywhere in advance.

My main worry is whether there is going to be any water available at places where we stop, given the current drought! I'm also hoping it will be a bit cooler than it is now. I expect it will still be hot - we are going to Sicily - so we took delivery today of a dog paddling pool for Charlie who hates the heat. He may have to share it with my feet though. :)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We use the acsi sites in September. Prices are reasonable out of high season, and we had no need to book even in the lakes area.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

Fenside1

Free Member
Aug 4, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the replies.
I am not very confident about not booking but will definately get the ACSI information.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Forgot to add - when you are away do post a few reports on here of where you are and what you have found. It's very easy to post images on here but worth working out how to do it before you leave. :)
Of course this opens up the whole subject of Internet access and the dark world of MiFi's!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi
We are travelling for the month of September in Italy
Have done this by car for 2 years but have now bought our motorhome and will be towing a trailer as well.
Could anybody recommend sites in the Puglia area, we are unsure whether we need to book in advance or has anyone used the aires de sosta sites.
Any help would really be appreciated. Our route will be from Zeebrugge.
Many thanks
I've used a couple of sites in Puglia, one on the Gargano Peninsula, which I can recommend and one near Alberobello. Details on this page: https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/three-go-adventuring-again.130193/page-11#post-1907132
The main error on the page is what I thought were Herring Gulls were actually Yellow Legged Gulls - I was corrected on my return by my ornithologically wiser elder brother. In my defence he did say it is very difficult to tell them apart if you can't see the eponymous legs but in southern Europe anything you see which looks like a Herring Gull will be a Yellow Legged one. :)
:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
We stayed at a good asci site in Switzerland on the way down as camping international was full.
Good facilities
Camping Meierskappel
47.07.13N
8.26.49E

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back