Travelling from uk to Portugal no ferry crossing In March (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Hi
We are planning a trip to Portugal and interested to know quickest route through France which I presume is going to be mostly motorway and cost of tolls . Is there an app that can estimate costs

Thanks in advance

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I'm going to Portugal in October. I will do do my usual - Dover to Calais with Irish Ferries, drive south missing out on tolls enjoying the French countryside. Tolls useful if your only intention is to get there as quickly as possible but will be expensive.

Clean Air sticker might be useful. it's not expensive but it might not be needed depending on route.

OP
OP
B
Aug 18, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
I have only driven to Spain in the motorhome,and used Tonkas route from resources on MHF.
Have you tried Via michelin app

I’ll check the app out thanks

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
I'm going to Portugal in October. I will do do my usual - Dover to Calais with Irish Ferries, drive south missing out on tolls enjoying the French countryside. Tolls useful if your only intention is to get there as quickly as possible but will be expensive.

Clean Air sticker might be useful. it's not expensive but it might not be needed depending on route.
Yes I will do the same.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We hardly ever use autoroutes (toll roads), preferring to enjoy the countryside rather than rushing about. However on our recent return we needed to use them so checked what we paid - Perpignan, A75 (no toll except Millau Viaduct), north towards Paris then Rouen to Calais - came to around EU130. Generally we travel no faster on motorways but of course there are no roundabouts however plenty of small towns/villages.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back