Travel from Spain to UK returning to Spain (1 Viewer)

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
Hello, I desperately need some good advice here as I'm likely to fly to the UK for a funeral.

I am a Spanish resident needing to visit the UK briefly and I've been double jabbed here in Spain.

Will I need any Covid test going in either direction ?

My vaccination paperwork has the QR code, do I need to register something online in Spain to get a digital 'Covid passport' ?

Your help appreciated.

Cheers.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
You will need a negative LFT within 72 hours of departure fill in the UK GOV arrival form inserting the code you have received when booking your day 2 PCR test for the UK then you can travel to the airport with this and your Covid pass from Spain.

Deleted User
You will need a negative LFT within 72 hours of departure fill in the UK GOV arrival form inserting the code you have received when booking your day 2 PCR test for the UK then you can travel to the airport with this and your Covid pass from Spain.
Don't need a PCR test, antigen LFT is ok from Amber list countries.
The government only ,'advises' a PCR test from Spain, it is not mandatory.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Graham of Madrid

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
So I thought that a double jab was enough. So I need a lateral flow test then. I know nothing about antigens.

OP
OP
Graham of Madrid

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
Not wishing to be thick but where is this UK GOV arrival form ?

OP
OP
Graham of Madrid

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
Clearly two people know a lot about this and don't agree with each other. H E L P

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Day 2 PCR test when arriving in U.K. Bolti is right you will need antigen test before and the ref code for a PCR test for locator form.

Deleted User
Clearly two people know a lot about this and don't agree with each other. H E L P
We arrived back from Portugal via Spain on the 11/12 th August. we had lateral flow antigen test within 3 days of departure, booked the same test in the UK to be completed within 48 hours of arrival and used the reference number for this on the Passenger Locator Form for the UK gov,

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
We arrived back from Portugal via Spain on the 11/12 th August. we had lateral flow antigen test within 3 days of departure, booked the same test in the UK to be completed within 48 hours of arrival and used the reference number for this on the Passenger Locator Form for the UK gov,
Just goes to show you can get away with it, I don’t think anyone checks, other than you’ve paid for a test, I think it’s just a money making racket.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Except, I thought the locator form had to be filled before arriving in U.K.?

Deleted User
Just goes to show you can get away with it, I don’t think anyone checks, other than you’ve paid for a test, I think it’s just a money making racket.

Except, I thought the locator form had to be filled before arriving in U.K.?
It does and we got away with nothing, followed the rules to the letter.
What we did is what is necessary!!

Deleted User
matamoros , I’m with you now, you booked all tests before arriving back in U.K. but it does state the day 2 test should be PCR
Please show me a link that says day 2 test has to be a PCR test.
I did extensive research into this prior to our departure, lots of test providers selling day 2 antigen tests because that is what is required.
Many people have done exactly the same as us because that is what the current rules require.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
I believe you purchased your 2 day test from Expert medical (y) When you did this test in Uk, did you send it off to expert medical?

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
matamoros , I read it somewhere, but take no notice of me, I’m going Portsmouth to Bilbao 3 weeks tomorrow so I shall be picking your brains before I go, that is if you don’t mind.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
That is a 2 day PCR test.
1629831514046.png

If it was a lateral flow test, there is no need for a laboratory test, it gives the result there and then.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
That is a 2 day PCR test.
View attachment 529776

If it was a lateral flow test, there is no need for a laboratory test, it gives the result there and then.
That’s where I’ve seen day 2 being a PCR test, at that price I don’t think you could get a antigen test any cheaper. I just don’t know whether to buy before I go, or wait and see if anything changes by end of October.

Deleted User
matamoros , I read it somewhere, but take no notice of me, I’m going Portsmouth to Bilbao 3 weeks tomorrow so I shall be picking your brains before I go, that is if you don’t mind.
Not a lot to pick:giggle:

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
That’s where I’ve seen day 2 being a PCR test, at that price I don’t think you could get a antigen test any cheaper. I just don’t know whether to buy before I go, or wait and see if anything changes by end of October.
Expert medical seem to be the cheapest PCR test at the moment, as you say, same price as a Lateral flow test.
The same tests are required if it is a Green list country or Amber if you are double vaccinated, but prices and requirements might change by end of October.

Deleted User
Expert medical seem to be the cheapest PCR test at the moment, as you say, same price as a Lateral flow test.
The same tests are required if it is a Green list country or Amber if you are double vaccinated, but prices and requirements might change by end of October.
Apologies to all, it seems that the tests that we took were PCR tests, I can still find no mention of a PCR test requirement for day 2 on any Gov website.
Because of the price I assumed it was an antigen test as all the others were quoting £80 and upwards for PCR tests.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Apologies to all, it seems that the tests that we took were PCR tests, I can still find no mention of a PCR test requirement for day 2 on any Gov website.
No need! It can get confusing with all the different hurdles and tests required.
The Government confused everyone recently, when they said that people were advised when returning from Spain, that they needed a PCR test 72 hours prior return to Uk and it was found, it wasnt mandatory and a Lateral flow test was sufficient.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not wishing to be thick but where is this UK GOV arrival form ?
Here;

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

If you have a digital key you can get the spanish European digital certificate online yourself.
If you have a regional 'patient portal' access app on yor phone that will also show you're fully vaccinated.
If you have applied for an EU digital certificate that will also show on the app.
Any copy showing spanish jabs will do.
Offer the TIE first then passport & ensure they do not stamp it.
You need a lateral flow to get on the plane. You need to book the day 2 UK test & pay & put in the code on the passenger locator form for the UK.
When you arrive is day zero. If you are returning before day 2 throw the test in the bin .If you are there on day 2 then you should send it. Result doesn't matter if you are not going to be there for long afterwards.
To return you need to fill in the spanish form

here;https://www.spth.gob.es/

no test needed if double jabbed & EU certificate

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I have done the trip twice in the last two months.

You need an Antigen test before you leave spain
You have to have booked a 2 days PCR test in the UK before you leave Spain
You should fill out the passenger locator form for the UK,

And for what its worth, in my opinion. Its a crock of bulltwink. Moenymaking racket and designed to put us off traveling .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Because of the price I assumed it was an antigen test as all the others were quoting £80 and upwards for PCR tests.
I can but don't know how to share it.Wondered why I could not find a testing company that did day 2 antigen tests.BUSBY.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Is there an option to print off the Passenger Locater Form and complete it on a paper version with a pen !! Asking for elderly friends returning who don’t have smart phones !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back