Tracking device (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Has anyone on here come across and had fitted Can tracks Asset vehicle tracking device? Observations welcome

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Isn't that what the "stolen" post today had fitted ,& found?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can't help but there are other options for trackers. My system is from Outsmart the Thief. I can vouch they monitor it 24 hours a day as I've initiated a few false alarms and had a call on my mobile very quickly afterwards. :) They can then remotely disable the vehicle if it was a genuine event.
Other suppliers are available. :)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We had one in our Autosleeper, bought via C+CC. If came with a 3 year renewable subscription and access to their tracking software. I could check the location of the van quickly and turn on and off the anchor setting. ( unit texts you if moved outside a preset perimeter)
It's a standalone unit, battery lasts up to a year between charges and you can fit it where you like, and of course, move it between vehicles.
The company employs a dedicated tracking team if your vehicle is stolen and as far as I am aware, have a good record of recovering stolen units.
Customer service is excellent too. All in all, highly recommended.

Reactions: DBK

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I looked at Cantrack after the recent posting and came to the conclusion that the GPS tracker was intended for the likes of an employer to fit in a vehicle to track the location of his employee/vehicle. Useful if, say, a delivery driver on his rounds

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
I looked at Cantrack after the recent posting and came to the conclusion that the GPS tracker was intended for the likes of an employer to fit in a vehicle to track the location of his employee/vehicle. Useful if, say, a delivery driver on his rounds

Yes, you really need the Asset Tracker for theft protection.

They are not that widely known for private and leisure vehicle applications, but I believe they have a good record with engineering plant and equipment. The plus point is that they don't rely on a single communication method so are less susceptible to jamming and can be tracked even if "hidden" in a building or container unlike some other devices.

I'm aware of a stolen piece of plant equipment fitted with their asset tracker that was located despite being concealed inside a thick walled concrete and steel bunker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back