LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I feel exactly the same about trackers, complete waste of money and only benefit the insurer as my policy is new for old. So if my van gets stolen in the first 24 months I get a nice new one. So I don't want them to find it. It seems however that anything over 100K is mandatory tracker in the eyes of most insurers, so a necessary evil. I'm sure however, the lower risk with tracker fitted is reflected in the premium.

With regard to what others have described as a "Pebble" this is a device which forms part of the CAT5 requirement (Cat5 is a higher standard than Cat6) and it covers key theft. Many high price vehicles are now stolen by the thief first gaining access to your home and stealing the keys first. This is why the peddle is designed not to be attached to keys as it is to protect someone with the keys driving the vehicle. If they don't have a peddle it will of course alarm and the added Cat5 requirement of remote demobilisation can be activated (subject to police approval)

The guy who fitted my last system spoke about a Cat5 system he fitted to some football players sports car. He stored both the pebbles in the ashtray and when the car was stolen the insurer asked for both sets of keys and both pebbles. Unfortunately as he was unable to produce, claim was declined.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back