TomTom (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2010
Funster No
Hi
Just in the process of buying a brand new auto trail apache , it includes SatNav and says mapping is TomTom,
Wondered if this is standard car or the motorhome / truck version

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hi
Just in the process of buying a brand new auto trail apache , it includes SatNav and says mapping is TomTom,
Wondered if this is standard car or the motorhome / truck version
My previous Autotrail had satnav built in (tomtom) and it was the car version, this was a 2015 year, dealer/manufacturer/tomtom didnt want to know when i said it was not fit for purpose. Brought a window mount one in the end as didnt want the hassle at the time.

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Total rubbish on my Ducato. You have to pay for map updates. Its nothing more than the cheapest tom tom car sat nav.

We bought the Garmin 770 with life time updates. It fits nicely in the Ducato holder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Total rubbish on my Ducato. You have to pay for map updates. Its nothing more than the cheapest tom tom car sat nav.

We bought the Garmin 770 with life time updates. It fits nicely in the Ducato holder.
Another vote for Garmin

OP
OP
B
Feb 18, 2010
Funster No
Yes just as I suspected I’ll keep my totomtruck version with free updates for life

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have a Tomtom, mine has just been leading up the most peculiar places in North Wales, It needs another category other than The Fastest, The shortest, The Eco friendly?????????? Non Toll, walking and bicycling. It needs another at least, THE BEST ROADS THAT ARE DIRECT, not 6 foot wide tracks that are twenty yards shorter than the main road . The toll bit leads you in totally the wrong way to avoid a tiny bit of Motorway in France but puts you through an industrial area or farm track to avoid a tiny toll of aboout 1.5 euro, I do not want to pay a big toll but little bits are fine to avoid the rubbish areas. I do not worry too much about the van being 7 mtrs as it is a narrow one but low bridges under 3.2metres might be a problem. The garmin I have just confuses me with the different manner of working.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Which is about 4 years btw

Yeah I found that out the hard way too :(

TomTom Western Europe, on the ipad, with traffic, was quite literally the best thing since sliced bread. Until they put the app 'end of life' a year or two ago.

So much for that investment :rolleyes:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Yeah I found that out the hard way too :(

TomTom Western Europe, on the ipad, with traffic, was quite literally the best thing since sliced bread. Until they put the app 'end of life' a year or two ago.

So much for that investment :rolleyes:
Well I think they all have a lifetime update that is about 4 years.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Well I think they all have a lifetime update that is about 4 years.
You can understand hardware having a lifetime.
The worst thing about this was the software was brilliant. I would willingly have paid the same again for the same software with dimensions etc. The package they replaced it with was appalling. They must have lost a lot of customers forever. I certainly do not use their hardware or software now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back