To Those Travelling With Dogs In North Wales (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Dog walkers found without bags to clean up after their pets could end up with a £100 fine in Denbighshire.

The council is the latest to impose orders to hit "irresponsible" owners.

New restrictions mean dogs cannot be walked on marked sports pitches, even if owners clean up after their pets.

And they have to show they have the means to remove their dog's mess if asked by an enforcement officer. Free bags are being provided by the council.

Dog walkers will receive a warning the first time they fall foul of the rules.

They will be fined £100 for a second incident and court action could lead to a £1000 penalty.

_97943565_dogs.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-41332393

stephen78

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
swansea
Funster No
MH
Pvc
Exp
since 2014
Seems fair to me I'm a dog owner and always have half a dozen bags in my pocket when walking the hound, i find it really annoying when I see how inconsiderate people don't pick up after their dog if they are to lazy to clean up they shouldn't have had a dog on the first place!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I would hope everyone would clear up after there dogs anyway, the one thing that makes me annoyed is when people pick up then throw the bag in the side or in a tree when no one is looking, discusting habit.
In quite a few local woodlands they do stick and flick which is much more bio degradable.
Whatever laws there are its no problem if people act responsibly .

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Dog owner and totally agree. I would also fine those owners who think there is a tree just for hanging their bags on!!!

We were posting at the same time, and I so agree. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
And they have to show they have the means to remove their dog's mess if asked by an enforcement officer. Free bags are being provided by the council.
Whilst I totally agree with what they're doing to prevent dog mess, to be pedantic, if you are innocent until proven guilty doesn't the enforcement officers have to prove that you don't have the means?

He doesn't have powers of search or detention and so how does he do that? He has to wait until your dog has 'done the deed' and see if you clear it up. If you don't then the offence is proven.

stephen78

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
swansea
Funster No
MH
Pvc
Exp
since 2014
It is a difficult one to police, there are singns on lamp posts all over my area threatening £1000 fine ,still dog mess on pavements, parks etc not read of anyone being fined as yet!

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Whilst I totally agree with what they're doing to prevent dog mess, to be pedantic, if you are innocent until proven guilty doesn't the enforcement officers have to prove that you don't have the means?

He doesn't have powers of search or detention and so how does he do that? He has to wait until your dog has 'done the deed' and see if you clear it up. If you don't then the offence is proven.
I think it says "that the pet owner has to prove" they have the necessary means to clean up after their dog

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Dog owner and totally agree. I would also fine those owners who think there is a tree just for hanging their bags on!!!

Why do people do that, I've never understood it.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Bring it on, pity they don't introduce it in France, never seen so much dog mess.
I can only wonder where you have been.

In our area there are many "poo bag" dispensers in the town, (free), attached to lampposts. Specific bins for their disposal and even doggy toilet areas. (Although I must admit our GSD/Border Collie hasn't yet learned to read the French instructions on their signs.) In Wales our "free" bags now cost us £1 per pack.

We returned to our home in Wales last week and have both complained about the amount of doggy poo on the pavements.

OP
OP
The Old Man
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
It is a difficult one to police, there are singns on lamp posts all over my area threatening £1000 fine ,still dog mess on pavements, parks etc not read of anyone being fined as yet!

The problem is unaccompanied dogs can't read the signs.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
I think it says "that the pet owner has to prove" they have the necessary means to clean up after their dog
It's only where the tax man is concerned that you're guilty until proven innocent.
In reality, I don't suppose anything will really change as there's more dog walkers than enforcement officers.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Quite true.
It is the lack of a plastic bag which is the new offence in some areas. If you only carry one, use it & are then asked & haven't another then you can be fined £80 for failing to have the means to pick up.
As I have always said though it would have to be someone pretty stupid to start an argument with a person like me carrying abag of dog s****.:D2

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Why do people do that, I've never understood it.

I confess to hanging used poo bags on a bush on the outward journey of the walk, but I did collect them on the return journey and binned them appropriately. It's easier to walk two dogs and throw balls with empty hands, and it was down a country lane to boot. Wouldn't do it in town.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Seems fair to me I'm a dog owner and always have half a dozen bags in my pocket when walking the hound, i find it really annoying when I see how inconsiderate people don't pick up after their dog if they are to lazy to clean up they shouldn't have had a dog on the first place!
I find dog bags in at least one pocket of every bl@@dy garment l own :).

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I find dog bags in at least one pocket of every bl@@dy garment l own :).

I also find poo bags in the washing machine (unused obviously, at least I hope they were :eek:) cos hubby forgets to take them out of his pockets :D

Rosies21

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I also find poo bags in the washing machine (unused obviously, at least I hope they were :eek:) cos hubby forgets to take them out of his pockets :D
Same here and for just one split second when you see that soggy bag ...horror.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Grabbed an old coat, that had been festering in the garage when it suddenly started to rain a couple of years back, and wondered what the hell I had in the pocket?, only to find that it was a roll of the Old Supermarket veg bags we used to use as "poo" bags. Our last canine friend, died 18 year ago!.

I wish however that I could fine the CAT owners that allow their filthy felines to Cr*p in my planting!. Nothing worse that doing a bit of weeding and finding "**it" on your gloves!.

They CAN be trained to a Litter, Just that people are far too lazy to do the training!.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
More bull from civil servants. In Hinckley they have put up signs, painted signs on pavments etc etc fines of up to £1,000.

FOi request re number of persecutions = ZERO

More hot air and bluster and little enforcement.

Last edited:

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Generally we both have poo bags in nearly every pocket, and once or twice we have forgotten so one of us and the dogs has stayed by the poo until the other can pop back and collect fresh supplies, but I think every time another dog walker has come to the rescue as we have done for others.

Clearly something needs to be done as we see far too much of "it" on our walks, maybe this is it !

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We've just travelled in Poland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark and not seen any dog poo at all. Now in Germany and we've seen our first few piles!!! Looking forward (downwards) to the UK and Spain!!!

This also applies to litter (or rather lack of it!)

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Are the Poo enforcement officers going to fine the gippo's dog owners,just the same time as the environment officers do for the other mess they leave? I don't think so

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have a poo bag carrier attached to our dog lead so we can't forget them. We have even been asked to provide the odd bag by owners who have realised that they have left theirs behind. On each occasion that has been before the bag was needed.

However, I appreciate that not all owners are as responsible as they should be.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back