Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Brother browsing for motorhomes emailed seller, this is the reply 🙄🙄🙄
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your interest in my 2015 ELDDIS MAJESTIC 135 motorhome / PEUGEOT BOXER 2 LITRE DIESEL, 19580 miles,AC, MOT`d until December 2020 and fully serviced, H.P.I Clear, Road Tax £250/year.Fully equipped with TV, DVD & CD player, digital aerial, grill, refrigerator, fully integrated kitchen, luxury washroom with shower, hotel quality interiors and comfy beds. Full Service History .All documents in original folders. 2 key fobs.The motorhome is in perfect condition, no accidents, no damage or scratches. HPI is clear and fully paid .Because the motorhome is comfortably under the 3.5 tonne weight limit, you can drive this on a standard Category B license (Standard car license). Last Habitational inspection in June.
I am selling it at £10,490 because I just finished the divorce and I am very glad that I took it, because it was my ex husband's most precious thing. He cheated on me although we have 2 kids together, anyway I don't want to bore you with my life's story...I don't ask too much for it because I just want to get rid of it ASAP, I want to erase a bad memory and I should get rid of it.
The motorhome is in Exeter because I live here (the ad was posted by my son).As you can see from the pictures, my motorhome is in perfect condition. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay in the context of the Coronavirus Covid-19. I prefer the payment to be done using....eBay & PayPal....services (I will receive the payment only after you receive and inspect the motorhome and only if you agree to buy it). I will pay for shipping and handling (my ex buyer did not receive his loan but he already paid for shipping costs ) so there won't be any additional shipping costs for you.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name, address and phone in order to register you as my buyer. I will wait for your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Kind regards,
Charlotte Norris

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
So he followed it up saying friend will pop round and have a look
Hi Stephen,

The motorhome is already at the shipping company. All documents are on my name. The shipping is free because I am supposed to ship the motorhome to another buyer, then he told me that he doesn't have money to pay for it. He already paid the shipping charges.
I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job ( I'm a surgeon ) so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my motorhome over the Internet. According to eBay you have 3 days from the time you receive the motorhome to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
-Full name, shipping address and phone no.
2. After I receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both more information about how we can complete this transaction. They will contact you regarding the shipping process and the arrival time.
4. eBay will start the shipping process and it will take up to 48 hours for you to receive the motorhome. After you receive the motorhome you will have 3 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the motorhome.
5. If you decide not to buy the motorhome, then eBay will ship the motorhome back to me (and you won't be charged for this). If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Charlotte Norris

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
It was on Facebook market place before getting taken off.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Had similar over the years, all bol***ks. Surely nobody falls for this Sh**t.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Did you really need to ask? :rolleyes:

Why would anyone ever pay for a MH from someone they don't know IN FULL where they can't see it even exists ...

Also the Ebay/Paypal scam is a common one as there is NO BUYER PROTECTION WHATSOEVER when purchasing vehicles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Found a Ford Buccaneer exactly what we wanted with a similar story!Vehicle was in Paris so suggested my wife and I would fly over to look at it😊Of course we got a reply that it was already with the shipping company and even sent a copy of the “shipping Company” receipt!Was invited to do a hpi check on it to prove it hadn’t been stolen etc.Then I remembered a similar vehicle was advertised in Mmm and found the advert.It was the same vehicle and the scamsters had even used all the dealers photos.I rang them,they were surprised!! The vehicle was still with them but had been sold!Wound the scamsters up for a few days suggesting that I was sending the deposit as requested etc

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I replied to a similar advert a while back, he said he was an oil rig worker, and lived in Lerwick. I said that I too lived in Lerwick and I would come around with cash.......Never heard anything else from him.

Craig

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Aahh! what about they were an American Marine! serving on an Oil drilling platform , in the Black sea, in the ubiquitous Wheel chair, having to sell "her" prize possession to fund her sisters treatment for an heart transplant? Her bestist buddy SHARON! in Glasgow is selling it on her behave,

Oh boy! you know I really miss those sad stories, made me wish that I was in the market for such a wonderful cheap bargain. But! alas -a-lack-a-day, I'm too busy selling shares (if any Funster is interested in investing ?) In my company "The Tasman Sea Tunnel Company" , a tunnel connecting Aus and NZ. with later on a branch connecting Antarctica .

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Reply back along the following lines *I work in fraud detection and prevention and as such ask that YOU provide the bank account details, your passport and identity certified by your local Police area, which is................. before I enter into negotiation with you, be aware that if the goods or item you are offering do not exist then by answering this email you agree to pay into my account double the amount required as proof of goodwill and faith before the goods are sold and if the goods do not exist you will forfeit the said deposit*
Strangely enough after a yes we agree have never heard from them since!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
FROM THE ORIGINAL POST

" Full Service History .All documents in original folders. 2 key fobs.The motorhome is in perfect condition, no accidents, no damage or scratches. HPI is clear and fully paid .Because the motorhome is comfortably under the 3.5 tonne weight limit, you can drive this on a standard Category B license (Standard car license). Last Habitational inspection in June. "

FROM SCAMWARNERS .COM POSTED Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:06 pm

"Full Service History .All documents in original folders. 2 key fobs.The motorhome is in perfect condition, no accidents, no damage or scratches. HPI clear and fully paid .Because the Motorhome is comfortably under the 3.5 tonne weight limit, you can drive this on a standard Category B license(Standard car license). Last Habitational inspection in August. "

Even Inspector Clouseau couldn't get this wrong.

Want more?
"I am selling it at £9,900 because I just finished the divorce and I am very glad that I took it, because it was my ex husbands most precious thing. He cheated on me although we have 2 kids together, anyway I don't want to bore you with my life's story...I don't ask to much for it because I just want to get rid of it ASAP, I want to erase a bad memory and I should get rid of it. "

Read familiar.???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back