Three ups their Go Roam limits in the EU. (1 Viewer)

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
The charges are shown

Limit from 28 December
Pay Monthly
15GB Increasing to 19GB

Pay As You Go
12GB Increasing to 15GB

Every little helps (y)
Does this mean you can use more data when abroad? I'm confused about my 3 contract. Currently get 15gb, a month but I have been charged after using 13gb over 3 months when in Europe. Can't get any sense from the call centre.

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Does this mean you can use more data when abroad? I'm confused about my 3 contract. Currently get 15gb, a month but I have been charged after using 13gb over 3 months when in Europe. Can't get any sense from the call centre.
Dunno - tbh o_O.
I have a PAYG Three phone and have only topped it up to get a 15gb package which has been enough whilst in Iceland & Greece this year...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I ditched 3 when they objected to me using my phone as a WiFi Hotspot (so I could download to my notebook). quite why they don't mind you using data to download to your phone, but object to using the same data allowance to a tablet or notebook? I don't know?

So I applied for a SIM only deal from my landline BT contract, and get 5GB per month for £8pm. and they don't mind me "hotspotting".

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have about 15GB out of 24GB on a data sim I activated 18months ago don't think it will affect me!!!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Ooh does that mean I'll now get 15GB out of the 12GB sim I'm currently using? :Grin:

:imoutahere:

Sep 26, 2018
Uk Suffolk, Spain Terrazas de la Torre.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick xl
Exp
I’m a newbi
The charges are shown

Limit from 28 December
Pay Monthly
15GB Increasing to 19GB

Pay As You Go
12GB Increasing to 15GB

Every little helps (y)

Vodafone 20gb + 10gb per month extra free no usage limits, use as hot spot no probs unlimited everything else £26 pm

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
But still limited to 3g..... and in Spain 3 gives me Yoigo, the crappiest provider ever, even though I forced my own bought from a non cellular provider phone to go to Movistar which is a Three partner, after a few minutes bang back to Yoigo with only 2 bars and Movistar had 4. So that was the end of Three. Now on Vodafone after recommendation on here. First time roaming today, bang straight on when the aircraft landed, unlike three which would take ages, no doubt whilst it teased out a puny connection to Yoigo!

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Sheesh - wish I hadn't mentioned it now :(.
If you don't have Three, and you don't want Three my thread is not really relevant to you is it?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
But still limited to 3g..... and in Spain 3 gives me Yoigo, the crappiest provider ever, even though I forced my own bought from a non cellular provider phone to go to Movistar which is a Three partner, after a few minutes bang back to Yoigo with only 2 bars and Movistar had 4. So that was the end of Three. Now on Vodafone after recommendation on here. First time roaming today, bang straight on when the aircraft landed, unlike three which would take ages, no doubt whilst it teased out a puny connection to Yoigo!
We tried Vodafone for 3 months earlier this year. Superb !

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you don't have Three, and you don't want Three my thread is not really relevant to you is it?

Well said(y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Mild Rant Alert

I use a pre-loaded 3 data sim card and am very happy with it. I've got nothing against Vodafone - except that they don't do a deal that I want, that is pay-as-you-go data only. I don't want minutes and texts as the call plan I'm currently on (with someone else) has proved perfectly adequate over a good few years. I'm not a big user of calls and texts so if I went with Vodafone for an equivalent amount of data I'd be paying much more, even if I discarded my current mobile plan, and have a pile of completely useless other "benefits" unused. And I don't need 4G either thankyou very much.

So you Vodafone converts, if it suits you then please carry on with my blessing. But please don't knock those of us who find 3 (in particular but there are others) the best solution FOR US!

Rant over, thankyou!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've been saying for ages that the 3 roaming limit per month is 15gb for those on contracts (ie not PAYG) and not 13gb, depsite some of the shops still saying it is the lower figure! I too got the text today to confirm the increase in allowance when roaming so am pleased with that.

As for getting 3g only and not 4g ... we've been getting 4g constantly on our tablet linked to one of our phones being used as a hot spot in France, Spain and currently whilst typing this in Portugal ... no issues at all with it, so why some only get 3g I haven't a clue.

Oh, and the restriction on tethering was lifted back in March this year so thats now old news too.

Deleted User
For various reasons, mainly to stream TV in Portugal over the winter, I changed a Vodafone PAYG to a 60Gb monthly contract using a smartphone as a portable hotspot but I have used the '3' 12 and 24 Gb data sims for a couple of years and have never had a problem.

Vodafone is fine and works OK but I still have a couple of '3' data sims as backup to use in the mifi.

Edit: Just a thought to all who worry about not getting 4G, I have gone back to my 3G Cubot smartphone because I am getting faster speeds and streaming TV on a 3G signal than on the 4G Samsung, Vodafone PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Three have scrapped the tethering limit now unlimited data means even in mifi etc .

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I ditched 3 when they objected to me using my phone as a WiFi Hotspot (so I could download to my notebook). quite why they don't mind you using data to download to your phone, but object to using the same data allowance to a tablet or notebook? I don't know?

So I applied for a SIM only deal from my landline BT contract, and get 5GB per month for £8pm. and they don't mind me "hotspotting".

That wasn't three that was the rule abroad until this year
Now there is no problem hotspotting from handsets

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I commented as a long term Three user on 2 monthly phone contract accounts for the last 4 years, 1 PAYG card in my Alde, and a couple of data sims for backup and use in the car. Only changed 1 month ago after testing a Vodafone data card in a mifi this Autumn. The test being to replace sat internet on the new van with mifi and how Vodafone compared to Three whilst in the van during 2 months roaming in Spain. If you are not interested in real life experiences with Three, that's fine with me! But dont ask me if the post is relevant, thats other readers option when gathering opinions, I would respectfully suggest, unless this is a private thread you are moderating?
Personally I have learnt that there does seem to be a lack of consistency in what Three provide to different users which has become clear on this thread. When I sited all the reasons to "Mohammed" at the Three call centre he tried every which way including dropping my monthly payment and giving me unlimited everything, but agreed that he could not change their roaming practises, so we parted company, and I told them to let me know when it changed.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Mild Rant Alert

I use a pre-loaded 3 data sim card and am very happy with it. I've got nothing against Vodafone - except that they don't do a deal that I want, that is pay-as-you-go data only. I don't want minutes and texts as the call plan I'm currently on (with someone else) has proved perfectly adequate over a good few years.

Rant over, thankyou!

Vodaphone do a PAYG data sim that you can buy various amounts. I have 15g for £25 last for 90 days. I only load it when we go away, although no load after 90days maybe could see it drop off the network. If that happens, then pop into the shop and get another. :gum:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks Mike but it doesn't appear on their website so next time I'm near a shop I'll call in.
That deal looks cheaper however the "3" card lasts for 12 months............

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Interesting, when I logged on this morning I had 16 alerts - 8 of them for this thread!

Touchy lot aren't we? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Vodaphone do a PAYG data sim that you can buy various amounts. I have 15g for £25 last for 90 days. I only load it when we go away, although no load after 90days maybe could see it drop off the network. If that happens, then pop into the shop and get another. :gum:
Interesting. Are you able to use all of the 15Gb in Europe. If so I may give it a try as a standby.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Interesting. Are you able to use all of the 15Gb in Europe. If so I may give it a try as a standby.

So they told me, but as ever it would be worth asking them again and they do various capacities, like 1g, 5g, etc :gum:

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Is this increase a monthly usage limit, so if I am in Spain for 3 months and I have 100Gb/month allowance can I use 19Gb each month, or is it 19Gb for the entire period not in UK?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Is this increase a monthly usage limit, so if I am in Spain for 3 months and I have 100Gb/month allowance can I use 19Gb each month, or is it 19Gb for the entire period not in UK?
Yes, you can use 19gb per month.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back