New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Mutsubis fuso/canter
Exp
5 years
Will do...
ok, so all installed.
Started the pump and was very dissappointed. Didn't seem as tho the accumulator was actually there!
Bit of mucking about but eventually figured out that the pressure was to high at 30psi.
The Shurflo pump has a cutin pressure of 25psi (+/-5psi) so I dropped the accumulator pressure to 20.
Still not as good as I thought it would be but I can fill a 1 litre jug before the pump kicks in.
That would be around 3 hand washes during the night at a guess without the pump starting up and annoying the other half.
I also increased the pump pressure a bit to help.
Was it worth it? yeah I think so. Time will tell when I take the MH out next.

Nov 20, 2022
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 lounge
This week I bought a stainless steel spoiler bar from bragen, 10 minutes to fit, changed the 4 bolts that come out of the bumper / spoiler frame for stainless for ease in case of removal

F4F5A4D5-0C65-44CF-B463-54DFEC0AAA33.jpeg 56AD9BE0-015A-42A4-89F3-0E7F5A2BD2EA.jpeg E5AE8D23-1AA4-452E-83B8-70C20EE29DD2.jpeg

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This week I bought a stainless steel spoiler bar from bragen, 10 minutes to fit, changed the 4 bolts that come out of the bumper / spoiler frame for stainless for ease in case of removal

View attachment 796903 View attachment 796904 View attachment 796905
Looks nice but some queries:
  • As it's rigid does it have some flexibility in the brackets so in a collision with a person it would give as this appears to be a legal requirement for other things like bull bars etc.
  • Were your insurance company bothered about it (it's a mod so ideally you need to inform them).

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
New string of solar lights from Aldi 100 bulbs for £2.99 as our last set had chewed the cable inside the switch box.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I didn't buy but I've just arrived home after a few weeks away and had to pay £90 for parking at LIDL Yate while staying at Quackers 😱

Apparently one has to book ones vehicle reg. in store despite shopping there.

I shop at Lidl all around the UK and have NEVER had to do this, so BEWARE! 😡
Common process to book in at many Aldi stores too. Touch screens usually after you leave checkouts.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I didn't buy but I've just arrived home after a few weeks away and had to pay £90 for parking at LIDL Yate while staying at Quackers 😱

Apparently one has to book ones vehicle reg. in store despite shopping there.

I shop at Lidl all around the UK and have NEVER had to do this, so BEWARE! 😡
Common process to book in at many Aldi stores too. Touch screens usually after you leave checkouts.
There have been mention of this in the media not all stores operating this so a bit confusing. I was in yate last week flying visit with work hope tesco not the same

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Try and appeal the ticket, send a copy of the shopping receipt and explain you have never visited that shop before.
'Send a copy of my shopping receipt ' it was a month ago. 😄

Had I not been away, it could have been £45 early payment but, it's now past the 28days.

It's now paid and Lidl has lost a customer, perhaps, in future, I will pay more attention to what is going on around me?

I only posted as a warning to others that were visiting Quackers. It's all his fault! 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
'Send a copy of my shopping receipt ' it was a month ago. 😄

Had I not been away, it could have been £45 early payment but, it's now past the 28days.

In now paid and Lidl has lost a customer, perhaps, in future, I will pay more attention to what is going on around me?

I only posted as a warning to others that were visiting Quackers. It's all his fault! 😄
You could use your bank or credit card statement as proof? Worth a try regardless if can prove that you buy at Lidl regularly.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
You could use your bank or credit card statement as proof? Worth a try regardless if can prove that you buy at Lidl regularly.
Yes it does show on there but, as we do not have one in town and I only use them when on the road, I really can't be arsed (as the expression goes). My lifes too short to pursue cause without a guaranteed outcome!
It was just a warning to others.🤔

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Mutsubis fuso/canter
Exp
5 years
Purchased some pipe foam insulation to finish off the pressure tank fitting which I did last weekend.
Insulted all piping (hot and cold) under & inside the vehicle. No more cold bits when waiting on hot water to come through again while rinsing off etc in the shower.
Also has reduced pump noise considerably. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
From the car boot sale this morning ... a lightweight folding golf trolley for £2 ... but I don't play golf! 😄

I'm going to adapt it to make a trolley for my inflatable kayak as, although I currently use a shopping trolley which works okay unfortunately due to the wheels being narrow and only about a foot apart plus the kayak sitting outwith them it can easily topple sideways on uneven/bobbly ground.

Kayak on shopping trolley.jpg

I can easily adapt the golf trolley (same as the below) to take the kayak and with the wheels being much more widely spaced and having greater width it will be a lot more stable with the bonus is that they are removable so it will be easy to store too.

1693163205252.png

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
From the car boot sale this morning ... a lightweight folding golf trolley for £2 ... but I don't play golf! 😄

I'm going to adapt it to make a trolley for my inflatable kayak as, although I currently use a shopping trolley which works okay unfortunately due to the wheels being narrow and only about a foot apart plus the kayak sitting outwith them it can easily topple sideways on uneven/bobbly ground.

View attachment 800355

I can easily adapt the golf trolley (same as the below) to take the kayak and with the wheels being much more widely spaced and having greater width it will be a lot more stable with the bonus is that they are removable so it will be easy to store too.

View attachment 800356

When you said shopping trolley I thought that’s a bit big to fit in the Moho and was it a Tesco one 😂

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
When you said shopping trolley I thought that’s a bit big to fit in the Moho and was it a Tesco one 😂
You mean one of the 'clever' ones that they have in their stupid advert? 😆

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016

View attachment 800355

View attachment 800356
Wouldn't it be easier to put it in water and paddle it? Then, you can buy a golf buggy for the dry land travel.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015

View attachment 800355

View attachment 800356
Good idea, but looks bulky for storage ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Good idea, but looks bulky for storage ?
Wheels come off so can be stored in a netting pocket on the rear wall and the frame goes pretty flat so can go slot next to them although I might put some hooks on the wall to hang it on as it's very light. Just need to clear some of the crap out of the garage first! 😄

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
What weight do you run yours at?
We are registered at 3850 with a 2240 rear axle, usually run around 3600 max but we haven't weighed it for a while so could be less.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Always watching weight to keep to 3500. I do like to have full fuel and water. The E-bikes take a fair chunk of the payload. If they legalised E-scooters... mind you they look terrifying.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Nothing big but I bought a 12v LED lighting strip to go on the centre 'divide' between the kitchen and table area; one of those with a remote for different colours. I put it up yesterday. I think it looks really nice. Hubby thinks it looks a bit 'tacky'. He'll get used to it :) Still trying to get my head around loving the MoHo again :)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Nothing big but I bought a 12v LED lighting strip to go on the centre 'divide' between the kitchen and table area; one of those with a remote for different colours. I put it up yesterday. I think it looks really nice. Hubby thinks it looks a bit 'tacky'. He'll get used to it :) Still trying to get my head around loving the MoHo again :)
Don't believe you unless a picture is attached :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
My son has a Neon factory, he could have designed built and installed a really fancy fair ground type for you :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
It looks good.

That would have suited me down to the ground!! :)

I particularly like that the strip has a cream backing, so matches well with the colour of the cupboards when it's switched off :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back