This is NOT a Halloween prank!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
So, having driven yesterday for the first time since installing the Nextbase Duo dashcam, I thought to see what the quality of the video was like on the computer today.

It was when browsing the many files that were saved to the SD memory card that I noticed one file recorded at 03:16 am this morning. I thought that's strange, I wonder what could be on this video (I should point out I have pre-event recording switched on so as soon as an event takes place (either a bump or motion is detected), the video buffer which is running all the time, saves the video and audio data to the SD card).

Here is the download link to the saved dashcam video as I can't seem to find a way to upload the video here:

Turn your volume up to hear the sounds

This is real honestly, although when you listen to it, you'd think it was ........ (well I'll leave you to work it out).

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Need one on the rear too, often thought it might be a good idea.
If no damage you’ll never know what caused the noise.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I hear the shuffling/footsteps but is that, what sounds like, atmospheric/eirie music at the beginning part of it or is that your playback 'music'

If its just the shuffling I'd say a night creature on the roof.
Very loud in the dead of night.

OP
OP
Hymer Life
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I hear the shuffling/footsteps but is that, what sounds like, atmospheric/eirie music at the beginning part of it or is that your playback 'music'

If its just the shuffling I'd say a night creature on the roof.
Very loud in the dead of night.
I didn't add anything, that was all recorded on the dashcam

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
if they were climbing around the mike, maybe there was an elephant in the room?

OP
OP
Hymer Life
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I'm convinced it's someone underneath the vehicle possibly trying to remove something (hence the "bump" sound in the video). A few years ago we had a spate of thieves stealing the catalytic converters off vans (mostly Mercedes Sprinters for the precious metals in the catalytic converter (platinum (Pt), along with palladium (Pd), and rhodium (Rh)).

Last night it was levelled using the jacks on the drive (so quite high as the drive slopes) so now I've fully lowered it into "parking mode" so as low as it will go to prevent someone having any space underneath it. I've also been looking for a motion sensing alarm to put underneath it. And, of course, I have double checked all lockers are locked and the alarm is on. Short of sleeping in it with my shotgun, I don't see what else I can do. Although, there's an idea.......

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a fox walking across the roof. we get one visit our enclosed garden by jumping up and walking across our conservatory roof. have heard and seen him frequently. if he walked across the garage roof it would only be a short jump to the motorhome to raid bird nests on the porch roof

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Blair witch

Nothing to worry about jist don't stand in the corner

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds like a motor running in the background perhaps the getaway car left running?:Eeek::Eeek:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It doesn’t seem to go on long enough to be someone trying to steal a catalytic converter. Could be someone walking around and chancing their arm by trying lockers to see if they are secured?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I thought it was a car door closing and distant footsteps - maybe to a house door. Scuffling whilst finding keys & unlocking door?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back