Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Right, here is one for the panel :)
Thinking of getting an electric scooter that is roughly equivalent to a 125
Got to be able to do 60mph
Prefer something that the battery can be removed from
Capable of 2 up work

Something around the £3k mark

Considering how big the push for electric one are I am finding it quite hard to find a single example !

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think there are controls regarding the maximum speed of electric bikes but I could be wrong.
I do not want an electric pushbike type thing.. A proper road legal jobby is what I am after ( If Zero made a Scoot I would go for it, but sadly they only make bikes ( the equivalent of a motorbike just for clarity ) and Woman struggles to get on so it has to be step through scoot shaped

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think there are controls regarding the maximum speed of electric bikes but I could be wrong.
Just to assist.. The biggest baddest Zero does 130 mph !
I have now found one scoot but it is nearly £5k !

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I saw an guy exhibiting a Zero at a club.

Brilliant. But, when I asked about battery life he said it had a 5 yr warranty on the battery. Then, a new battery was £5k. The bike was £18k.

A fantastic bike but put away £800 a year for an new battery.

I would buy one - but not yet.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I saw an guy exhibiting a Zero at a club.

Brilliant. But, when I asked about battery life he said it had a 5 yr warranty on the battery. Then, a new battery was £5k. The bike was £18k.

A fantastic bike but put away £800 a year for an new battery.

I would buy one - but not yet.
Think your man was trying to impress of some such ?
Just had a Zero pass though my hands.. 8 year battery warranty ( same as Toyota cars ) and a replacement at the is about £3.5k but expected to fall quite a lot.. Oh, and the batteries are 100% recyclable which is nice
Was it an adventure style bike ? If so it is the Black Forest which I reckon is the worst of the worst with only a 70 or 80 mile range, yet is far and away the dearest at £17.5k

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Think your man was trying to impress of some such ?
Just had a Zero pass though my hands.. 8 year battery warranty ( same as Toyota cars ) and a replacement at the is about £3.5k but expected to fall quite a lot.. Oh, and the batteries are 100% recyclable which is nice
Was it an adventure style bike ? If so it is the Black Forest which I reckon is the worst of the worst with only a 70 or 80 mile range, yet is far and away the dearest at £17.5k

When they give me back 100% of the battery cost to buy another I’ll be interested in all vehicles powered by electric ?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was thinking along similar lines but fancy a couple of Zero ZF's (https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-fx/) It's the recharging issue that gets me though, not the range. I don't want to be confined to ehu all the time.
They are amazingly quick and very agile.. I do not know if the clever blue box battery thing will be available for the ZF but if it is then it will almost double the range ( probably ) same aas it does for other models

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You are after something like the Zapp i300 ? range isnt much tho ! or SEAT e scooter better range ?

Personal import from China might be only answer atm
Not really... does about 25mph ( 47KPH is stated ) Need it to be capable of approx 60mph
I have got to go to the NEC bike show on Sunday so will take a snoot there..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back