Thinking of a 5er. (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
"Thats why I think its a good idea to secure this pitch for whatever future I have left."

That is exactly the reason we decided to leave ours on Ria Formosa, the large pitches were being taken up by statics and we could foresee the situation of not being able to get a decent(or any!) pitch. Unfortunately ours won't be plumbed in but that's no real hardship, and we can store our touring caravan on the next pitch for very little extra.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You could sit at home in a rocking chair watching the soaps, or, just keep enjoying life doing what takes your fancy, if you want a 5er just remember, no pockets in a shroud. GO FOR IT.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Dave what is right for you on the day is Right regardless of others thoughts you are a big lad go for what you want

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
OK, read the history now.

A 5th wheeler appears a good way around your current predicament.

Importing one direct will save you a few ££.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
am glad someone posted this picture - i was too embarrassed to ask what the hell is a 5th wheel was :LOL::LOL::LOL:

They are call 5th wheelers because the caravan part (can I call it that) is attached to the tow truck by a big roundish hitch which is a bit like a wheel rather than a traditional tow bar, just like all the big artic trailers. Confusing really though as most of the trucks have at least 6 wheels so why is it not a 7th or even 9th wheel hitch.

There again somebody might come and tell me this is all wrong.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
They are call 5th wheelers because the caravan part (can I call it that) is attached to the tow truck by a big roundish hitch which is a bit like a wheel rather than a traditional tow bar, just like all the big artic trailers. Confusing really though as most of the trucks have at least 6 wheels so why is it not a 7th or even 9th wheel hitch.

There again somebody might come and tell me this is all wrong.

the vast majority of 5ers have a double axle .. four wheels + hitch = 5

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
the vast majority of 5ers have a double axle .. four wheels + hitch = 5

Don't know what a "double axle" is but thought most heavy truck would have at least six wheels 4 on the single rear axle and two front=7

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Dave if you get a 5 er. And leave it permernatly in Beni then would you buy a smaller European for the UK , just wondering :Smile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dave if you get a 5 er. And leave it permernatly in Beni then would you buy a smaller European for the UK , just wondering :Smile:
I was thinking along those lines, maybe a panel van to travel up and down and use as a car in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back