Things you see but can hardly believe (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Spent seven nights at Longleat CMC site last week , had a ball , walking and cycling and generally having great fun .
The wardens seemed to have a bad rep from other caMpers ( they said they were rude and very unhelpful ) we had no real contact with them.
However one afternoon i saw something really strange , one of the male wardens pulls up on his mini tractor n trailer By our pitch and unloads his powered driven lawnmower and proceeds to cut the grass ,he finishes and then loads the mower back on the trailer . Drives 5 metres to the next pitch and unloads the mower again and cuts the grass , he then loads the mower back on the trailer and repeats this on every subsequent pitch , apart from laziness and acting up why would anyone behave like this ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Was the area between them gravel?

OP
OP
P
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Was the area between them gravel?
Tarmac roadway , as i said it was weird behaviour . Imagine a line of terrace houses with separate open lawns in front and he loaded and unloaded a lawn mower onto a tractor trailer to cut each individual lawn .

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tut Tut!!! dont you appreciate you were witnessing the on site CMC afternoon entertainment?
His mate back at the reception had a bet with him, about how many times he could load & unload before being questioned as to why by a camper? I reckon odds were 5/1
Its his mates turn tomorrow, he is on the petrol strimmer, now you have to guess what his act will be, and place a bet also.(y):giggle:
Thats entertainment for you, have fun.
LES

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
We were in Cairns Australia and the weather was a bit stormy when suddenly a black cloud appeared and everybody stopped to look at this , it was miles long and it was moving quickly it was millions of fruit bats moving from somewhere to the rainforest mountains in the far distance . I never realised quite how big these bats are ,it was like witnessing something from the bible .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
We were in Cairns Australia and the weather was a bit stormy when suddenly a black cloud appeared and everybody stopped to look at this , it was miles long and it was moving quickly it was millions of fruit bats moving from somewhere to the rainforest mountains in the far distance . I never realised quite how big these bats are ,it was like witnessing something from the bible .

that will be these boys , picture taken 2 years ago in cairns , I couldn’t help myself I had to fly my remote control helicopter among them 👍

898E592B-EA13-46F0-863D-FFAD796100C2.jpeg
38CA89E1-8655-481E-8DB7-1CF0AB455CDD.jpeg

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Insurance ? Maybe if he hits something while cutting grass he’s insured, hit something driving it along the road, he isn’t.
They are meant to go over gravel, tarmac etc... you just lift the blade.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Likely that he’s the only warden who has read the CMC book of rules and has found, on the zillionth page, that the correct procedure for mowing each pitch requires said loading and unloading of mower.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Isn't it Stephensons Law that says work expands to fill the time allocated? Perhaps he had nothing else to do so was making this job last as long as possible.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't use campsites, not a member of any but have been in the past, and always understood that warders are just normal caravaners doing a summer job, ie one of us, what changes them when they get a bit of authority?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Isn't it Stephensons Law that says work expands to fill the time allocated? Perhaps he had nothing else to do so was making this job last as long as possible.

You were close, but no cigar!

Parkinson's Law

A classic book, if you can find it. (y)

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
You were close, but no cigar!

Parkinson's Law

A classic book, if you can find it. (y)
Murphy’s Law is another great book. Tried to get a copy from Waterstones recently but they had just sold the last one.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Murphy’s Law is another great book. Tried to get a copy from Waterstones recently but they had just sold the last one.
It’s been reprinted in softback under the title ...Sods Law...

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012

My maxim has always been "The Rule Book is for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idiots!".

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My maxim has always been "The Rule Book is for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idiots!".
What about the ones who never read it though ... males in particular seem to be adept at this 'skill'. :LOL:

OP
OP
P
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
They could of tried weeding the gravel pitches , they were a disgrace!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
The last CMC site we stayed at was The Cheddar Site last year. Once we had passed the Patience Endurance Test of being held at the barrier for 45 minutes until the appropriate entrance time of 1PM (most sites are 12AM) we were allowed onto a pitch.
I couldn't help but notice that the CMC buy the most expensive plant/tools i.e: a John Deer mini tractor with matching trailer, plus Haytor 21" lawnmowers, Sthil leaf blowers and petrol strimmers etc, nothing but the best, and all seemed very newish.
Later in the day about tea time, the obnoxious husband warden then used his John Deer Tractor as a patrol vehicle to drive round the site inspecting all pitches to ensure conformity to the rules. I was half expecting to be given a ticket for having my vans rear overhang over the grass & past the white peg at the back.
Thats one site I will never re-visit,talk about made to feel privileged to be allowed to stay for only one night whilst touring, at the midweek cost of £27.20, maybe that included a non pre booked, pitch allocation fee.
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back