Rally Thetford Bash (2 Viewers)

DeeDay

Free Member
Apr 22, 2019
Funster No
Jaws created a new event:

Thetford Bash

Just a heads up as a lot of folk said I posted the info too late this year..
The Thetford Bash is all go.. The site is booked and ready to rock and roll !

Location will be Thetford Rugby club, two miles out of Thetford on the A134 towards Kings Lynn, post code is IP24 1LZ

The dates are, as always, the last bank holiday weekend in May, May the 24th to the 27th

Friday night is a relax night.. Some folk will have travelled a long way.. So chish and fips for those that ordered them and a drink at the bar ..

Saturday is usually a chill day.. gives folk a chance to chat and find out who is who ( any fights break out see me so I can sell tickets ! :) )
Also on Saturday a motorbike ride out for those that want to come and play ..

Saturday night is music night.. No idea who or what the music will but hopefully Richard (@Scotties ) and his crew of merry bandoleers will be able to supply their excellent selection of stuff to dance to
Also on Saturday night is the charity auction.
This relies entirely on everyone generosity not only with the bidding but with what goes on sale :)
Please bring something along to sell.. Can be anything from a box of matches to a .. well anything really !!

Sunday is silly games day, including the dread ( but amazingly popular ! ) moped Grand Prix. I supply the peds, everyone else supplies the laughs ( these things might do as much as 15 mph on a good day and down hill :) )
Sunday evening more music though there may well be something a bit special laid on.
Monday is do as you please day, say good bye day for those who are leaving, and for some of us a clear up day !

Just a heads up as a lot of folk said I posted the info too late this year..
The Thetford Bash is all go.. The site is booked and ready to rock and roll !

As before, you will be most welcome to turn up days early and leave days late !
Cost of meet has had to go up this year... first time in 18 years.
It is £12 per head ( children under 14 no charge )
The cost is £12 per person for the whole event..No matter if you stay a day or a week
Not £10 per night or anything like that !!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
really want to come how can I book please??
I have sent you a PM with all the info DeeDay :)

Look near the top for a tag marked inbox. You will find the message there...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The list of attendees is somewhat misleading !
Less than half wh have booked and paid are on it :)

But rest assured it is a BIG site and there is still room for those who wanna come :)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry, we won’t be able to make this meet, just received hospital appointment for Mike.
Thats a shame Mike.....hope all works out ok for mate

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Just back from Spain and we think we can make it to your 'bash', if we aren't too late.

Cheers

Tony & Kirsty

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks. PM sent and payment made. Not sure when we will arrive, as it depends on what we do after the B&B Rally.

Cheers

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thanks. PM sent and payment made. Not sure when we will arrive, as it depends on what we do after the B&B Rally.

Cheers
Will see you at the B&B too then !

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all.

@Jim kindly passed the surplus bacon from Peterborough which is now in our freezer. @Jaws has agreed we can sell bacon rolls at the customary £1 on Sunday morning with the cash going towards the weekend charity.

Two requests please?
1. Can people indicate if this is something they would like please? No point doing it for half a dozen. Please respond at https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/thetford-bash-attendees-only-please.196565/
2. Will 3-4 attendees have largish BBQ's etc that we can set up the cooking on please? We don't think the Rugby Club will be impressed if we mess up their kitchen even if we can get access?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have a small cadac BBQ, with a bigger griddle plate, that we use instead of the tiny cadac one. The only trouble is, it doesn't have a gas pipe or regulator at the moment. We have a gas bottle so can provide the BBQ and the bottle but not the bits that join them together! Also happy to volunteer to do the cooking if someone can provide a pipe and regulator.

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Wow, looking forward to the bacon John!!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Booking alert..
I have to give the final figures for fish and chips and Sunday lunch by Sunday the 12th, so anyone who has not booked by then will not be able to book grub..
AND, there are only a couple of places left for the ped racing !!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I have some gaz pipe and a regulator. If this helps.

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Afraid I let you down with the ped racing last year but if you put me down, I promise I’ll make it this time. 2 f&c for us but no Sunday lunch ta.

Ta very much

Bulldog Boxy

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
stoke
Funster No
MH
caravan was motorhome.
Exp
Hi john, just letting you know we won't be able to attend this rally due to van being off road waiting for repair under warranty.sorry for short notice and any inconvenience caused.was really looking forward to it.kind regards reg and ange. Bulldog boxy.v

BrentnElaine

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Dartford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessecarr low profile
Exp
Since March 2012
We are all booked and paid. But was just wondering if you could put me down for ped racing if there is still room. Have never in my life ridden any sort of motorbike so could be 8nteresting experience,! .. Elaine.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Hi john, just letting you know we won't be able to attend this rally due to van being off road waiting for repair under warranty.sorry for short notice and any inconvenience caused.was really looking forward to it.kind regards reg and ange. Bulldog boxy.v

Mucho disappointment :cry:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

That is a shame.. duly noted though mate

We are all booked and paid. But was just wondering if you could put me down for ped racing if there is still room. Have never in my life ridden any sort of motorbike so could be 8nteresting experience,! .. Elaine.

Your in luck ! Due to a shoulder issue someone today had to pull out of the ped race, so you are in !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back