The sunday morning toilet thread (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
My loo has stopped flushing

Was working fine then stopped

Pushed the big button nothing

Then topped it up with water and it did a little flush

And nothing been through the fuses in the wardrobe

The water pump is working to the taps but not pumping sound from loo

The big button also feels 'soft' as if it's not doing anything

Any suggestions my first thought is a box of matches but don't want scorching on the grass 🤔

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
There is a fuse right up inside the cassette compartment (on ours). I have never been able to reach it even with my long arms so we live without a flush. Use a squirty bottle with pink in and, when necessary, the shower does a brilliant job.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Could be the solenoid sticking they often get gummed up with calcium from hard water. Inside the hatch its up at the top 2 water pipes going to it & two wires.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
There is a fuse right up inside the cassette compartment (on ours). I have never been able to reach it even with my long arms so we live without a flush. Use a squirty bottle with pink in and, when necessary, the shower does a brilliant job.
I've gone back to basics so ca as always follow your lead/advice. I could not fund the locker fuse I'll have a look thankyou.
Could be the solenoid sticking they often get gummed up with calcium from hard water. Inside the hatch its up at the top 2 water pipes going to it & two wires.
Cheers lenny i think it could be a driveway job. I'm going to look for the locker fuse first
After a cup of tea

When I did the cassette at home the slider seemed jammed but as soon as I put it back no problem thought the 2 maybe related.

Seems to be 1 little niggle after another this year ....maybe it's time for a change

Just looked at prices no its not :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
If the big button is feeling 'soft' the PCB board with the actual button on it may have come unclipped and just need clipping back in.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just looked at prices no its not :roflmto:
Go on treat yourself :LOL:

If you feel the solenoid while press in the flush very long arms or a friend may help, you should feel the solenoid operate if it does it may be just blocked up otherwise a new solenoid assuming you have power to it.
If it does work take the solenoid out soak the part that the water flows through in hot white vinegar it may clear it. Don't get the coil wet.

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
UPDATE

Well I've fixed it . It was easy it did the quick whish flush and stopped as it did previously.

So I did what all clever people who repair things do and gave it a whack.

So far so goodđź‘Ť
Will give the gubbins a clean though at some stage.........

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just been referred to this thread after putting on a post earlier.

I have a similar problem. Pump is engaging in water tank when I press flush but no water in toilet bowl. Just watched a YouTube video and it required taking the bowl off to get to the solenoid valve which looks fiddly. Yet posts on here suggest it is just inside the hatch which sounds easier. I’ll have a look.

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Found solenoid. I presume there should be 12v to it when flush is pushed? Getting nothing

IMG_2001.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Yep that's right, so it's either a fuse or switch that's faulty. Sometimes there is a 3 amp blade fuse in there at the top of the compartment.
I will have a look tomorrow although I didn’t see a fuse in the compartment. Thanks

Sep 22, 2020
Beaumont-cum-Moze
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Burford
Exp
A class American RVs and C class over 50 years
My loo has stopped flushing

Was working fine then stopped

Pushed the big button nothing

Then topped it up with water and it did a little flush

And nothing been through the fuses in the wardrobe

The water pump is working to the taps but not pumping sound from loo

The big button also feels 'soft' as if it's not doing anything

Any suggestions my first thought is a box of matches but don't want scorching on the grass 🤔
There is a separate pump in the flush system that seizes up take it out and with a small screwdriver move the impeller at the bottom and it will work again ,my one dried up after draining it for the winter and that is what I done,works fine now.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
I would draw the line at using the shower as a toilet:oops::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back