The reality of fulltiming at the moment. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Again that says more about you than me.

Your posts say so much more about you that anybody elseā€™s replyā€™s !

for me this thread has certainly highlighted the nice & the nasty funsters

EVERYBODY is allowed their opinions, We are all different

Im a great believer in treat people the way you would like to be treated šŸ‘

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
This post is purely about the place the video stared by posting shots of his MH parked on an overgrown verge.

I used to stop for a night in similar places in UK 8-10 years ago, but not full-timing. I never had any problems, so I wonder if times and attitudes to wildcampers have changed, or maybe it is because of CoronaVirus.

One evening we were parked in a similar spot on a verge in a country lane sitting out having a glass, when a farmer passed in his Landrover, then stopped 50m past us and backed up. I thought is this an objection? but no. He had stopped to say he had room down at the farm, with water, if we wanted somewhere else to park. We said we had all we need and were settled in, then thanked him profusely for his kind offer and he went on his way. We saw nobody else that evening.

Geoff

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
This post is purely about the place the video stared by posting shots of his MH parked on an overgrown verge.

I used to stop for a night in similar places in UK 8-10 years ago, but not full-timing. I never had any problems, so I wonder if times and attitudes to wildcampers have changed, or maybe it is because of CoronaVirus.

One evening we were parked in a similar spot on a verge in a country lane sitting out having a glass, when a farmer passed in his Landrover, then stopped 50m past us and backed up. I thought is this an objection? but no. He had stopped to say he had room down at the farm, with water, if we wanted somewhere else to park. We said we had all we need and were settled in, then thanked him profusely for his kind offer and he went on his way. We saw nobody else that evening.

Geoff
Wouldn't have made much of a video though, would it.
I subscribe to JJ school of thought - keep your head down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
BĆ¼rstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
freeloading tosser

... because he doesn't fit your definition of an acceptable lifestyle? Sad. As he clearly states, he's a working tax payer - what do you think those taxes are spent on? And in return he can't access those services? You could argue he's subsidising you!

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
The guy is now pitching up at friends smallholding be interesting to see how long he stays there

I happen to like travelers down to earth salt of the earth people, dont like the mess they leave behind but the council clear it up, and when you consider it 87 pounds a ton to tip you can understand them leaving it behind it would be cheaper to let them tip free as with the fly-tippers.
Phew this is a tricky one, but I do not agree that all travellers are ā€˜salt of the earthā€™ the mess is unacceptable, you make a mess you clear it up there is no excuse. Travelers often stop and despoil an open and green space I have seen this in our locality and the issues that can be associated with the encampment.

On the other hand I think there should be more sites available for travelers and associated recycling if we want a civil society this is something needed but often not wanted by local authorities.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
... because he doesn't fit your definition of an acceptable lifestyle? Sad. As he clearly states, he's a working tax payer - what do you think those taxes are spent on? And in return he can't access those services? You could argue he's subsidising you!
Absolutely as long as he is being responsible and sounds like he is then there is no issue. For some who have been forced in to this lifestyle (and there will be) you have to have empathy for themšŸ‘

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
God , I feel Disappointed In humanity & deflated after reading this thread ,

Is that a tad of an over reaction. :D Humanity! You disagree with one person in this thread, that is not humanity. Only 26 people out of a thousand funsters who read it have bothered to post in it. Cheer up, so you disagree with another members point of view. Thats hardly a reason to be disappointed with everyone on the planet :D

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
I asked where he dumps his waste /rubbish/dog waste, never got an answer.
I think if you look at some posts you already have the answer. It seems to me that you are so full of hate and bitterness that you are just spouting venom and are not prepared to listen to anyone else or see other peoples side of things. For gods sake cool it a bit, live and let live. Ask your self, are you perfect? Probably in your world. Funster ? I don't think so. Bruce

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Is that a tad of an over reaction. :D Humanity! You disagree with one person in this thread, that is not humanity. Only 26 people out of a thousand funsters who read it have bothered to post in it. Cheer up, so you disagree with another members point of view. Thats hardly a reason to be disappointed with everyone on the planet :D

when I said humanity I was trying to be PC & not pin the tail on the donkey šŸ˜

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I asked where he dumps his waste /rubbish/dog waste, never got an answer.
I did answer, I guess you dismissed that answer?

Deleted User
freeloading tosser, just leeching off the council taxpayers of the area he stays in, bet he doesn't pick the dogs sh*t up and if he does where does he dispose of it? where does he dispose of his waste? where does he dispose of his rubbish?
wow. could you make any more assumptions without actually knowing?
and freeloading? exactly what services is he "freeloading" on and how do you know what his previous employment history is in terms of contribution?
Again, wow.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
23 caravans& 30 vehicles
Not saying it is not a problem, it is always a problem as long as they do enter your private space.... but 23? Multiply this number by 100 and you get the approtimative problem I've had up to July the 2sd. It probably went up to 300 caravans as they kept coming in every day.

But of course nothing to do with this poor young man. I don't know what would happen here in France in the same circumstances!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back