Free Member
Sep 30, 2012
RH4 2AN
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2004
Home now after another great weekend. Thanks to all those who put in the hard work that makes it so enjoyable.

Viv

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Thanks to all who made the weekend what it was. Sorry I had to absent myself on Saturday evening - I knew I would be missing the best bit, but thanks are also due to those who looked after Jane in my absence. I had to go & call for dancing at a 50th birthday party on the other side of Lincoln, but on the up side, it did pay for the weekend - or at least it did until someone succumbed to temptation on one of the clothes stalls. :Eeek: Still, it is a very nice coat.

I gather Funsters were on the naughty step after Friday night's late night revelry, which probably explains the abrupt end to Saturday night. I don't know where the original objections came from, but it was unfortunate that an area to the west of the marquee, that on some site plans was shown as part of the Fun area, got converted to General Camping. That put some people who quite reasonably expected a bit of peace & quiet rather closer to the action than was wise. Ideally, Warners should have put the marquee up further to the east once they re-designated that area.

We had the perfect pitch, close to the show entrance & not far from the marquee, which was great when trying to eke out both limited wheelchair power & my dodgy ankle, but Funsters overall would maybe have been better served if the marquee had been in the middle of our patch, or even further to the northeast. Maybe something for discussion before next year's show season. Brilliant though our musicians are, I can understand that some people may not want to hear them at second hand when trying to sleep - particularly as they can't come & join in!

Let's hope it was balanced out by others thinking "That lot seem to be having fun, time we joined them".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Brilliant weekend at Lincon - huge thanks to Jim and Sian, all the organisers and marshalls and a special thanks to David (DuxDeluxe), Lisa (RosieRose) and Dawn B for services to doggie sitting. It was our first taste of freedom for quite a while and we really enjoyed not to have to worry about our Dollydog and being able to get around the show together - unfortunately it is probably going to cost us a fortune as we are now seriously thinking of changing the van. Hope everyone got home safely.
13453iD77C14D1749EDCB7

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Tecno/Andy I BLAME YOU :Dyou sold me the chairs :)I am saying no more on the subject -only that it's been a long time since I laughed so much :D:LOL:
terry
Terry, I think you should sue him.
You may not have suffered any financial loss, but the loss of face must be priceless!

Jan 31, 2013
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Lincoln was the first time for us with the Funsters. we were chaperoned by Steevie and Ann, (seasoned Goths).
How impressed we were with how friendly people were.
It might have been our first, certainly won't be our last. The bacon butties were good too, nice touch.
Many thanks to all.
Pete and Chris
(Woolsykejosh)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry, I think you should sue him.
You may not have suffered any financial loss, but the loss of face must be priceless!
It would probably cost me Mike:eek:-No doubt I have made a bigger fool of myself in the past :rolleyes: but never in such good company :D
terry

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
This was our first rally with Fun and myself and Caroline had a great time, met some lovely people along the way, thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment Friday and Saturday night. I was going to do a karaoke number myself but, the marquee would soon have emptied:giggle:

Many thanks to the organisers from us as there is obviously a lot of hard work going into it.

Its just a shame that there were so many large vans on display, its got her wanting another one now, she doesn't like shitty little camper vans, her words not mine.:LOL::D

Oh and I think Techno and his missus have just cost me about £800 as she wants an electric bike mow, thanks pal.

Regards

Paul and Caroline.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Let's just say no one got a picture :D
terry

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you all for a great meet at Lincoln, lovely seeing old friends and making new , extra thanx to the Marshalls, Brian , Pamalaar , John and Angela and without Jim and Sian there wouldn't be fun , train just starting off so have to post quick xxx

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We arrived back home safely. Thanks to Jim, Sian and all the marshals for organising the meet. It was great to see so many friends both old and new and as usual we enjoyed ourselves -some a bit too much and Howie has now taken the pledge after Saturdays imbibing :LOL::roflmto::drink::drink::drink:

Kath and Howie

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sat in a Britstop outside Keighley. Just wanted to echo everyone's comments about another brilliant weekend. The Marshals were fab as usual, as was Dave's Karaoke and the band on both nights. Thank you all once again for letting me have the chance to be - albeit briefly - as fluent as the rest of you! The band is awesome and Mike is a legend! Sian and Jim - Thanks for starting the whole Fun thing off - the original and the best! (y)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Let's just say no one got a picture :D
terry
It wasn't for the want of trying, laughing that much I couldn't get the phone/camera out my pocket. Like true professionals the band played on :D:D.
Just like to add my thanks to all that helped make this a great few days, realise people put a lot of effort into making these meets run smoothly,
Thanks, Dave

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
There was no Room in the Inn on Sat :(
I want a Refund...............

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Yes we had fab weekend,what friendly people. Thank you to stewards who worked very hard. Best bacon butty ever. Highlight of weekend was Geraldine's performances what a lady ! Hope to see you all soon. Sandra x x

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
DSCF3371crop.JPG
DSCF3371crop.JPG
DSCF3367crop.JPG
Another superb fun meeting with very friendly folk, great fun and entertainment so our sincere thanks to the marshalls and Jim, Sian and everyone who put so much effort into making this a great success.

songbird

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caravan, Bailey Orion
Exp
Caravanning for about 35 years
Our first rally with the Funsters at Lincoln & what a fantastic time we had thanks to the Marshalls, musicians & everyone one else who helped make the weekend so successful, we were made very welcome by friends old & new even though we are Tuggers Lol. Maggie (Songbird) & Steve :smiley:

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
just a quick thank you to all the marshal's and everyone of the funster band for a great weekend and Lunarman for updating my sat nav also meeting old friend's and making new friend's

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
To All At Lincoln 2014

Our first rally, what a blast, always said I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member! Well I did and you have. Thanks to all the Funsters who made us feel so welcome, special thanks to Jim and Sian for being so nice, mwah, mwah, Mike and the rest of the guys for sharing their stage with me and letting me play with them on Saturday and Sunday, the funsters for their crowd participation and joining in with, amongst other things, my appalling rendition of Delilah, the bacon butty brigade, nice touch, and big hugs to Terry for the jump start (to the van that is) on Sunday. Had a great time and will meet up with you again soon I hope.

Simon & Marg

Salamander

Free Member
Mar 2, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745 SE
Exp
10 years
Another thank you to Jim and Sian and all the marshalls and musicians for making it a great weekend.
Amazing how the sheer number of Funsters can make it possible to organise a fee airshow with one of the last flying Vulcans above us. Someone even managed to arrange for there to be sunshine for the whole weekend.
Great to put a few more faces to the names. Have nearly finished the raffle bacon prize but feeling a little bloated now. Maybe it was the beer.
A special thank you to Warners for arranging the Honey-waggon to arrive in the middle of the Sunday fryup
Look forward to getting together again soon and hearing Steve and Denise on the squeeze boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back