Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
Home now, our first motorhome show, really enjoyed it, great effort from all involved, next time will probably be Chester next year, but you never know!

Cheers all

Malcolm & Joan

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
We really enjoyed our first rally. It was nice to put faces to names.

Special thanks to SteveandDenise, BreweryDave, DawnB/MikeB and JonandShell for being extremely helpful and generous.

Hope to see you all soon :)

Lisa and Julian

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Warners stranded us in Lincoln, 5.15 and decision time, taxi or back to Wetherspoons?View attachment 43527

We took the 'Shuttle' ??? bus to the city in the morning and got in the queue coming back at 1.30pm after walking up and down 'Steep Hill'. By the time the 'Shuttle' ??? bus arrived 50 minutes later there were hundreds of campers (some quite elderly) behind us waiting. No other bus in site in Lincoln. On arrival at the showground there were 2 other 'Shuttle' ??? buses parked up and going no where!! Lunch break for most of the drivers at the same time? Warners please note for next time!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Great weekend, weather brill. Good fun and entertainment. Thanks to all the Marshalls who worked hard sorting us all out. Thanks to all the Funster musicians who kept us entertained all over the weekend.:):):)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks to everyone who helped make this another great weekend..

Winning on the raffle (twice) was a bonus.. The paint pod was won and sold to a very enthusiastic DIY Funster (well his wife said he would be soon)
The last prize of the bacon was shared a little this morning with fellow campers and I now have enough left over to last me till Christmas... :)

OH..YEA... And thanks for planting that song in my head .. "let's talk dirty in Hawaian"..

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
We took the 'Shuttle' ??? bus to the city in the morning and got in the queue coming back at 1.30pm after walking up and down 'Steep Hill'. By the time the 'Shuttle' ??? bus arrived 50 minutes later there were hundreds of campers (some quite elderly) behind us waiting. No other bus in site in Lincoln. On arrival at the showground there were 2 other 'Shuttle' ??? buses parked up and going no where!! Lunch break for most of the drivers at the same time? Warners please note for next time!!
They did the same at Malvern two years ago only on the outgoing service from Malvern where all of the drivers took their break at the same time. I would not have much confidence in Warners managing this any differently in the future.
We waited for the 5 o'clock bus and had to phone Warners in order to get the bus to collect us, not good.:mad:

PHD

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Cranwell, Sleaford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just like to add our own vote of thanks and gratitude to the people who did all the hard work. It was our first rally and we weren't disappointed. A great gathering and we met loads of interesting and friendly people. We continue to learn and we really appreciated the advice and support that was given freely. We managed to get home without buying a new motorhome too, so that was a result.

cheers

Pat & Lorraine

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Hi. just like to say "THANK YOU" to Sian Jim and all the Marshalls for another great weekend, unfortunately we did not manage to join you in the Fun Marquee as our friends are not members but pleased you all had a ball. Don't think there is many people that would take on all the hard work that you do, keep up the good work xx

It was good to see Funster friends we have previously met and to meet new ones especially Maggie.

Hope everyone has a safe untroubled journey home

Last edited:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Thanks to all at Lincoln for a great weekend and the band was FANTASTIC ,If they get any better i can see us having to pay to watch them lol .Pity it had to finish ,great entertainment ,great company and great weather ,the perfect weekend .::bigsmile::party2:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
oo did anyone manage to get a good picture of the Vulcan when you could see the full spread of the wings?, I just missed it and would love a copy please. By the time I got the camera out it had straightened up again
20140925_140953.jpg

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Another great meet ......meeting lots of great people. Thanks to all the Rally organizers and the fantastic musicians.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Big thanks again to all of the rally marshals, the bacon buttie chefs, the funster band who had the place rocking, Dave for the Karaoke and Brian (Hilldweller) and Sian for the who could fold the chair competition, Brian a winner by a leg, Sian second prize for best attempt to wreck a chair(y)
Great weekend and finale to the show season.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Winning on the raffle (twice) was a bonus.. The paint pod was won and sold to a very enthusiastic DIY Funster (well his wife said he would be soon)
Steve, I would be grateful if you could win a nice bottle of scotch next time.

Great meet as always.
Thanks to everyone involved in making it so good (y)(y)(y)(y)

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
What a fantastic weekend, thanks to all the people who worked hard to make it happen. The musicians and singers were so talented, as others have said they had the place "rocking". The Funsters are such a great group of people, roll on next season.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Home from a great rally our thanks to Siân & Jim for the organisation, to Pam Brian and the team of marshals for their hard work with such a huge turnout, and to the amazing people who kept us entertained in style all weekend, Dave & Polly for a fab karaoke night , our own Victoria Wood Geraldine who had everyone chuckling and to the singers guitarists and accordion players who had the place hopping, so much talent in one tent, amazing....Simon Cowell you aint seen nothing yet (y)
see you all soon

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
001.JPG
oo did anyone manage to get a good picture of the Vulcan when you could see the full spread of the wings?, I just missed it and would love a copy please. By the time I got the camera out it had straightened up againView attachment 43571

Here Gran and Rog I got quite a few but my lens isn't the best, I am sure someone will upload some better shots.
Dave
011.JPG

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Rita and I too would like to express our appreciation, for such a fantastic weekend.

Thanks to Brian & Pam, John & Ange, Dave & Polly, for their sterling efforts to get us all pitched, and to all who assisted in one way or another, and of course to Jim & Sian, without whom FUN would never have beeen established those few years ago. ;)

Thanks from me too to Lunarman (John) for updating my Sat Nav............again. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock (& Rita).

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Great weekend, Great friends, some new some old, and great entertainment, thanks to one and all, see you soon,

Alan + Diane,

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Home again -A big thanks to everyone (y)The entertainment was better in the funster tent than in all the Warners tents /halls put together (y)
Tecno/Andy I BLAME YOU :Dyou sold me the chairs :)I am saying no more on the subject -only that it's been a long time since I laughed so much :D:LOL:
terry

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
As usual, a great weekend.
Met up with old friends, made some new ones.
Thanks to all involved for the organisation and entertainment.

The hard work that goes into these things isn't always obvious.
Thanks again, folks.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Great big thanks to all who took part in organising Lincoln show meet, it is very tiring for you all but we all appreciate the hard work that goes into arranging this and setting it all up.
Did'nt spend too much money, but enough!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back