The end is Nigh ! (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
Well at 82 it looks like the Insurance Industry is calling time on my Motorhome activity with premiums raising by 50% per year which out of proportion as the Motorhome is 17yrs old and only valued at 20K. this year quotes range from £465 - £682 last year £265 . Ageism seems to be prevalent in the insurance industry and not your personal driving record. I hate to think what the car insurance is going to be at renewal next year. anyway it got sorted for next year with the nice people at AIB

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Yes it’s gone up, either you take or you don’t.
It stinks that you get judged on your age, but statistics could say the risk is higher, so you have to pay.
But as you get older, your life on this plant is getting less , so you could take it on the chin and enjoy the next year travelling about, and next year, do the same until you can’t.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Hope not, I'm only 5 years behind you and just upgraded the motorhome. Insurance this year through camc is about £360 but that's for a near 90k job. Anyway best wishes for whatever road you choose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Perhaps if you "Took the Knee" ism's would be totally wiped out and insurance companies would re assess but I suspect you like me will not hold our breath. :LOL:
I for one can no longer play football and I certainly couldn't attain an F1 license but I am reasonably proficient at recognising ism's trying to screw me.(y)

For now at least:eek:;)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mum just reinsured her car with esure this morning, she had jumped the gun before I'd had a chance to go online and compare. Esure online came back at £104 odd cheaper than what she paid so I gave her the reference number and she called them. Seems the extra £104 was for Protected No Claims so she got it taken off and £104 refunded into her account.

OP
OP
Mclouis700
Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
Yes it’s gone up, either you take or you don’t.
It stinks that you get judged on your age, but statistics could say the risk is higher, so you have to pay.
But as you get older, your life on this plant is getting less , so you could take it on the chin and enjoy the next year travelling about, and next year, do the same until you can’t.
Yes that’s the plan at the moment take it on the chin and carry on but what gets me mad is that the high profile Brokers like Safeguard,LV do not state that they have a Age Limit so you waste time on their web site.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Yes that’s the plan at the moment take it on the chin and carry on but what gets me mad is that the high profile Brokers like Safeguard,LV do not state that they have a Age Limit so you waste time on their web site.
Safeguard do not have an age limit for existing customers only for new ones (80)

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
My dad was 85 and still driving he put me on as a named driver (not the main driver) and the premium dropped by 30%

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I’ve just renewed with safeguard and I’m 80 later this year, not the cheapest but I like the benefit of the european cover that’s included with the policy😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back