The Classified button at the top of the screen. (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Why am I getting a number come up under the Classified button at the top of the screen and how do I turn them off, only started seeing them in the last day or two.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Bloody annoying! Damned thing catches the Eye (Yeh! Yeh! it's supposed to!) Just a suggestion why not a red flag sticky thread on it's own Forum?

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Sorted! stuck a plaster on the screen where the button is. It's bloody annoying Jim!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Most days I log onto MH Fun several times...... more so during the Lockdown. I like to keep up with much of the helpful advice offered, occasionally I am able to add what I hope may be constructive help, I enjoy much of the humour and banter (even from Old Mo!), I have learned it is invariably a waste of time to contribute to threads of a political nature (I am always correct - those who agree do not need telling....... those who do not agree never change their mind).......... but I am seriously irritated (perhaps due to lockdown) by the enforced notification of the number of new adverts. It is even more annoying when I use the drop down menu to say "mark all read" to then have to "confirm" this is what I wished to do.

Please Jim give paid up subscribers the option to opt out of this notification.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why am I getting a number come up under the Classified button at the top of the screen and how do I turn them off, only started seeing them in the last day or two.
All your fault I hadn't noticed it until you brought it to my attention, now I can't miss the dam thing.
Now I have to click on every add to get rid of annoying red box.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Most days I log onto MH Fun several times...... more so during the Lockdown. I like to keep up with much of the helpful advice offered, occasionally I am able to add what I hope may be constructive help, I enjoy much of the humour and banter (even from Old Mo!), I have learned it is invariably a waste of time to contribute to threads of a political nature (I am always correct - those who agree do not need telling....... those who do not agree never change their mind).......... but I am seriously irritated (perhaps due to lockdown) by the enforced notification of the number of new adverts. It is even more annoying when I use the drop down menu to say "mark all read" to then have to "confirm" this is what I wished to do.

Please Jim give paid up subscribers the option to opt out of this notification.

Can you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing that is so annoying.

On a phone, I don't see it at all

On an iPad I see this..

1592157404209.png

On a desktop I see this.

1592157478998.png

Show me what you are seeing

Cheers

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
If you click on the little down arrow next to "Classifieds" you have an option to mark all as read (at the bottom of the list). This takes the red number away :cool:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Please @Jim give paid up subscribers the option to opt out of this notification.

If you did have that option to opt out.... you would kick yourself if something was advertised that you would like to have bought...
But did not see it cos you had opted out... :giggler:

:*:*

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm sorry that such a little thing seriously irritates you so much, but as I said in the other thread about this, there is nothing I can do about it right now. If you'd like, I can fix it so you don't see the section at all, it will disappear then.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you click on the little down arrow next to "Classifieds" you have an option to mark all as read (at the bottom of the list). This takes the red number away :cool:

But you have to do this every B****Y time! Tiz like the avatars that leap around, so bloody annoying to the eye!

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
OK Jim . Can live with it. Feeling less grumpy today after reading the thread about the successful crossing to France this morning......... looks as if there "is light at the end of the Tunnel" ! :cool: :giggle: 🍷

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK Jim . Can live with it. Feeling less grumpy today after reading the thread about the successful crossing to France this morning......... looks as if there "is light at the end of the Tunnel" ! :cool: :giggle: 🍷

I'm getting someone to look at losing the pop up confirmation screen as I agree its a pain. I'll see what they quote. Trouble is good coders just think of a number! $$$$ :whatthe:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Mine doesn’t show the classifieds you can slide it across and it always opens like this below
29C81FF2-346B-4EAC-8042-ADC63AE1591C.png

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Mine’s now showing a red number for reviews as well as for classifieds, I’m sure it didn’t used to. I seem to remember selecting an option some time ago to turn off the red numbers.

Anyway, the red numbers don’t really bother me. Far more annoying is the advert at the top of the page which my adblocker won’t disable.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
😳 what a fuss for a small thing. Is it a diversion from riots & Covid-19?

Add 24hr’s to the time you 1st noticed the small red box with a number on it.
That’ll be the time by when you’ve realised it’s really not to troublesome to ignore the small little red square or use the feature.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back