The Caravan and Motorhome Club and Yurts (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
How many Yurts are turning up on CAMC sites? Is this a trend we members should worry about?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
One thing that I have noticed at some CAMC CL when I have called them to book I have not needed to be a member and in some cases, there are more than 5 pitches.
On arrival at one site last week it was obvious from the owners comments, that he was getting pissed off with CAMC but he would not say why just that he was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Stopped on a CL near the Kennet and Avon canal. Turned out to be the usual small field for five units, although only two others there, one of which looked semi permanent. But alongside was a field twice the size with about five Yurts. Annoyingly their grass was beautifully mown whereas ours was rather long and coarse. Add to that the small toilet block in our field about fifteen feet away was actually for the glampers, we were told not to use it. The glampers were a nice enough bunch, an extended family there for a short holiday. It seems it was the only way they could the older mum to camp. It was nice to see the kids running around slowly getting bolder with their bikes and staying up 'til dark.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I had a look in a yurt on a site in the south of France 🇫🇷. Seemed to me to be damp,smelly and full of bugs. I assumed they must spray them out with something prior to occupancy. I certainly wouldn't pay to stay in one.
I remember from my youth that if you left a tent up for a few days it would become colonised by all sorts of insects. These yurts are up for months.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I wonder if caravanners felt the same when motorhomes started regularly turning up at their sites and then on a number of occasions started to outnumber them, then they changed the name to Caravan and Motorhome Club (uproar) and now they are adding glamping pods (Good God man), why can't we stay in the 1950's?
The name may have changed but the mentality hasn't. Instead of yurts, they could have had an "aire section" non-bookable and available for ad hoc visits/dump and fill and retained the touring ethos.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
5 is supposedly the max number of vans (moho or c'van) they are allowed..
However they are also allowed to take tents aswell Thus the extra pitchs....
These were 10 to 15 MH or caravan pitches many with EHU !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Soon be time for CAMC to have "kampeerplatz" type areas like some Dutch sites have.... Like Aires but on a site for short stays as us motorhome users mainly do ..but they'll need to be switched on to realise that of course

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back