The advantages of a Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
A couple of friends go off on holiday every September, generally to Florida. This year they decided to go to Cuba, flying on Saturday. For years I have warned them of the dangers of hurricanes at this time of year but they insist on going 'because it's cheaper'. Just been texted that their holiday is now cancelled and they are wondering what to do, easy with a van I replied, we just go somewhere else. I do hope they find somewhere to go though.

Elias

Free Member
Oct 11, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2016
No need to book with a motorhome! Ultimate freedom...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
I was smug this morning when I looked out the window and saw snow and ice covering everything. I went outside and started my Toyota Hilux and turned the heaters on then went back inside for breakfast.

Fast Forward 30mins and I drove the little girl to school while watching others slide sideways into all sorts or carnage.

SMUG! :D

O yea I even have serious mud grabber tyres on it that are useless the other 364 days of the year but today they paid off.

IMG_8334.jpg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I was smug this morning when I looked out the window and saw snow and ice covering everything. I went outside and started my Toyota Hilux and turned the heaters on then went back inside for breakfast.

Fast Forward 30mins and I drove the little girl to school while watching others slide sideways into all sorts or carnage.

O yea I even have serious mud grabber tyres on it that are useless the other 364 days of the year but today they paid off.

View attachment 200637
You wouldn't have been very smug if it had disappeared while you were having your breakfast.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Ca
You wouldn't have been very smug if it had disappeared while you were having your breakfast.
Can start our car from the app on my phone. No need to unlock it. Will run for 30 mins and warm up to 22c inside, defrosted and ready to go.

Only thing is, it normally lives in the garage where the central heating boiler is, so only get to use the clever tech if away from home with it in winter. (y)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
I of course left on the full circle crook lock with the key with me. If someone is chancing by the house at 8am on a cold winter morning with the equipment to remove that then they deserve the vehicle.

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

View attachment 200637
The tyres weren’t much good yesterday as your pickup was the only one in the road to slide onto the pavement

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
We were on Skye and the storms got really bad one night, the touring caravan next to us was obviously a permanent fixture and was strapped to the ground with several straps. It was nearly 30 years old so fairly sure it was To protect from flying away rather than theft.

We got barely any sleep and the forecast was not good for the rest of the week so turned right out of Skye and headed South rather than North.

SIMPLES

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I used to have an old American Dodge Grand Caravan (MPV), where you could start the car, remove the key and lock it. Useful some mornings.

Malcolm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back