Thanks for making our day! (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
While driving back from a weekend at Bodnant Caravan Park (which I can recommend) we were driving along the A5 between Corwen and Llangollen when a motorhome was approaching from the opposite direction. I lifted my hand to give the customary wave. At the same time the other driver did likewise, then his passenger lifted a giant 2ft wide hand and waved it back to us frantically, giving us a huge smile.

If that was you. A big, thank you. It made us laugh and we smile just talking about it. :giggler: Sometimes the simple things are the best (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Oh brill, my wife waves and includes horse box, vans and the odd caravan in who she waves at. Seldom get a wave back, gets well chuffed when she does.
When we first got our van I have to admit to waving to an ASDA delivery van and a horsebox. No I don't drink and drive:blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
A couple of years back when in France, we gave the customary wave to the approaching MH to be greeted by a big green hand fixed to their wiper blade, which they switched on as we approached. Laughed, I nearly p**ed myself.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
We have one of these for waving at the other motorhomes
51F50CE8-FE08-426E-ACF1-5A035B2433B1.png

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
When we had the motorhome, people waved, but now we have a grey camper van they dont! :(
I wave at every motorhome, camper or self build. It’s mainly the motorhomes that wave back. I enjoy waving at the “stealth “ camper vans 😀 ( the Maxfan and solar panels make it hard to be very stealth )

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Has been hard work driving out of Pembrokeshire in the van, hands are knakered through giving the vans coming in a wave, which has got smaller and quicker through the summer, ……..and still they come😊🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚎🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I wave but don't get much response as a grey driver in a grey PVC. Not even from other Rapido PVCs! :sick: Wassup guys?

In the old VW camper I used to get waves especially from youngsters in cars we were following.

Jun 2, 2018
Beautiful North Wales border
Funster No
MH
Carado T449
Exp
Since 2015
May I gently direct you to the groundbreaking statistical study I did on waving a couple of years ago...:

As with all good science, it needs someone to attempt reprodcue the results please. :)

I'm particularly interested in someone further investigating the "Belgian Paradox" that my study identified - ie all the Belgians I know are miserable gits, but 100% of Belgian study participants returned the wave.

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Has been hard work driving out of Pembrokeshire in the van, hands are knakered through giving the vans coming in a wave, which has got smaller and quicker through the summer, ……..and still they come😊🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚎🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐🚐
Now you know how The Queen feels. Rumour has it that she wasn't always waving but just passing comment at The Duke's flatulence :giggler:

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
We wave, it was such a good feeling when we were allowed to take our MH out of covid jail.
I have even waved at MH's & campers when I've been gardening at the front, some waved back, then smile when they spotted we had a MH.

Yeah, but how many times have you been out in the car and waved at a motorhome?
I've done it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back