Thanks for all the help, new MH bought (1 Viewer)

Stephen Franklin

Free Member
Jan 11, 2017
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
Exp
since 2017
I have been lurking on here for some time, and have now subscribed.
While I haven't sought any specific advice I have found pretty much all the information I have wanted by working my way back through hundreds of posts and other people's questions.
The most useful piece of advice I have picked up was sit on the loo before you buy. If I hadn't followed this we may well have bought a Rimor Koala and then found I could only utilise the throne with the door open!
We were going to buy a MH when I retire in about 5 years, but after lots of discussion and getting the enthusiasm from attending the Peterborough show, we thought life is too short - let's do it now.
So today we have bought a Benimar Mileo 346, which we should be picking up in about 3 weeks time. Hopefully all 11 of us will fit in - that's me, Nikki and the 9 guinea pigs, I can't remember all their names. So if you see our MH with "Pigs on tour" on the side, you'll know who it is.
We look forward to meeting other funsters soon.:)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We did the same, thought we were going to wait and the bought as life is too short. Love the thought of going with the GPs :). We had GPs for years, last one died recently :(, and we have taken the odd sick one on holiday to ensure she had her medicine. Your van will be squeaking a lot at tea time :D

w2f

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Congratulations on your new purchase. I had a Benimar for a few years and thoroughly enjoyed using it, found it very comfortable and easy to use.
Enjoy your adventures !

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
:welcomesign:Welcome to the fun, & also welcome to the Benimar uk owners FB page, from a Benimar owner in south Essex

Poppy Williams

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Funster No
I have been lurking on here for some time, and have now subscribed.
While I haven't sought any specific advice I have found pretty much all the information I have wanted by working my way back through hundreds of posts and other people's questions.
The most useful piece of advice I have picked up was sit on the loo before you buy. If I hadn't followed this we may well have bought a Rimor Koala and then found I could only utilise the throne with the door open!
We were going to buy a MH when I retire in about 5 years, but after lots of discussion and getting the enthusiasm from attending the Peterborough show, we thought life is too short - let's do it now.
So today we have bought a Benimar Mileo 346, which we should be picking up in about 3 weeks time. Hopefully all 11 of us will fit in - that's me, Nikki and the 9 guinea pigs, I can't remember all their names. So if you see our MH with "Pigs on tour" on the side, you'll know who it is.
We look forward to meeting other funsters soon.:)

Poppy Williams

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Funster No
I have been looking at buying the Benimar 346 and wondered how you are finding it?

OP
OP
Stephen Franklin

Stephen Franklin

Free Member
Jan 11, 2017
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
Exp
since 2017
Hi Poppy,

We have been very pleased with ours, does everything we want it to. The only minor problems we have had is a wardrobe door coming adrift and a couple of cupboard doors needing re-alignment. Plus the Fiat recall, but that is not exclusive to Benimar, of course.
Build quality seems pretty good and as you have seen they are very well specced. There is plenty of storage space, especially the garage, and plenty of payload which a lot of motorhomes don't have. I assume you have a C1 licence? There is a very helpful Benimar Owners group on Facebook, although be warned that like a lot of groups there are people who do nothing but moan and make the marque and Marquis (the UK dealers) sound much worse than they actually are.

Poppy Williams

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Funster No
Yes, I have the C1. I think my husband will do most of the driving but I would like to drive it too. I’m sure I would get used to it. The spec does look really good and the garage would be a big benefit. I have now joined the facebook page so that will be really helpful. We currently have a caravan but are sellling it. MH is the way to go for touring Europe. How much roughly does it cost per year to run with insurance, tax etc. Also how many miles do you get to the gallon?

OP
OP
Stephen Franklin

Stephen Franklin

Free Member
Jan 11, 2017
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
Exp
since 2017
It does about 24 mpg, that's doing the speed limit when possible so 50/60/70. Tax is £185 a year, and insurance with Comfort is an amazingly cheap £230 a year, we keep the motorhome at a Gold CASSOA site which helps.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!

Hopefully all 11 of us will fit in - that's me, Nikki and the 9 guinea pigs
We were exactly the same, then I became acutely aware of my own mortality as I approached my 60th birthday!!
Let's do it now! We never looked back since that day. We've spent the last 15 years caring for others and we decided, it's time for us to look after us!

Enjoy your van, live the dream!(y) PS I hope you realise that your MH only has 6 belted seats!:LOL:

Poppy Williams

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Funster No
Ok, all sounding good, I just need to view one now. Popped into a dealer in Brittany today but they didn’t have one. I will have to do my research. We may go to the Peterborough show depending if we can get the time as its a 6 hour drive. Thanks for your help.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
There is a very helpful Benimar Owners group on Facebook, although be warned that like a lot of groups there are people who do nothing but moan and make the marque and Marquis (the UK dealers) sound much worse than they actually are.

Stephen, do you think that Marquis would support any warranty work on a Benimar which was bought overseas. I have my sneeking suspicions that they wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back