Thank Goodness I Am In Tune With The Portuguese Pace Of Life... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I need to go shopping but the valve on the outside rear offside tyre is leaking.

I could struggle in the heat and change it for the (very, very old) spare which would take me at least an hour or so and completely wear me out for days...

...I could risk driving down the winding road to Albano's petrol station/garage/breakdown centre and cafe/bar and get Filipe The Mechanic to deal with it...

I choose the latter course of action and, driving pretty slowly and, avoiding the tree fallen down across half of the road, I arrive at Albano's (2 kms).

I drive around to the garage and, although both workshop doors are wide open, no one is there.

I wander back to the petrol station section and find Mrs Albano who is having a bit of difficulty. She has just dispensed €40 worth of fuel to a tourist visiting from India but he only has a €100 note... she has no change... and his plastic doesn't work... can I change the note?

I do so and ask where Filipe or Albano is. I am told they are out on a breakdown but should be back in about an hour and a half.

I ask if I can wait and maybe have a coffee and a snack.

No problem... except Mrs Albano is working the pumps, answering the phone and running the cafe all on her own!

So... here I am waiting... now sitting in the Hymer (full timers are always at home) after waiting in the cafe for ten minutes to see if a window would appear in Mrs Albano's schedule...

I am sure when the men eventually arrive it will be too late to do anything today but... hey ho... that's life...

I suppose I will then have to change the bloody wheel myself...

...excuse me for a mo... just going to see if I can get a coffee...

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I got a coffee and a cold Coke served by Senora Albano...

20190716_165010.jpg

Very well priced too...

Screenshot_20190716-165917_Earth.jpg

Screenshot_20190716-165844_Earth.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That’s why his mattress is so firm....?

He has been somewhat sparing with his demands of late. I presumed he was saving for one of my more expensive items. Thanks for the heads up.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Gobsmacked"..... I am..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought your people would be clammering all over Quinta Majay to fix your weep/leaky valve... :(

Have you upset them.... :giggler:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
No problem... except Mrs Albano is working the pumps, answering the phone and running the cafe all on her own!

So... here I am waiting... now sitting in the Hymer (full timers are always at home) after waiting in the cafe for ten minutes to see if a window would appear in Mrs Albano's schedule...
You could have helped her on the pumps while you were hanging around. Might have got your coffee gratis.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have been gazing at this beauty before dropping off to sleep at night...

View attachment 318652

or sometimes this one... a tad more pricey.

View attachment 318653

I love those sort of watches.

When I was about 8 I had my first LCD watch for Christmas.

My Mum and Dad didn’t know, but I had found it, set it and messed around with it long before the big day.

Watches rock

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
So you had 100 Emus eh. Oh how you wealthy funsters live :D. You should be saving up for my imminent arrival. Am sure I will have something that you cannot possibly live without.

Hi, Dave give him a picture of the European champions cup that will cheer him up

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
What has Filipe got on top of his head?

:happy:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Last week I had an expensive detachable towbar fitted to the car in Lisbon,the guy showed me how to attach and detach it great,took it off and put it in the bag with key.
This week ready for the off to the UK,tried to attach said towbar,four of us tried and wouldn’t stay put.
Went to a friendly garage who dropped everything came out in the gravel road and on his back in 35c heat,twenty minutes sweating and cursing no luck.
Detached towbar coupling and took in workshop and tried to attach in there,no luck and said was faulty.
Wouldn’t accept a cent but will take him beers when I get back or see him in the bar,that’s Portuguese life folks.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!