Teleco woes…..suggestions please. (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
About to head off for a longish trip around Scotland…during the European Cup! For some reason the satellite dish on our Carthago i138 has decided to be contrary. It’s locking on to the satellite but we get a “no signal” message on the TV screen. It’s doing it on all the supposedly preprogrammed satellites. We’ve not used it in a while so are we a bit rusty and missing something out in the set up? Or can anyone techy suggest what the problem is and if there is a solution? Its a Teleco Flatsat Classic Easy. Will be extremely grateful if someone can bring back my hubby’s football!

Oct 28, 2023
East Linton, UK
Funster No
MH
Malibu T430 LE
Exp
Since 2006
About to head off for a longish trip around Scotland…during the European Cup! For some reason the satellite dish on our Carthago i138 has decided to be contrary. It’s locking on to the satellite but we get a “no signal” message on the TV screen. It’s doing it on all the supposedly preprogrammed satellites. We’ve not used it in a while so are we a bit rusty and missing something out in the set up? Or can anyone techy suggest what the problem is and if there is a solution? Its a Teleco Flatsat Classic Easy. Will be extremely grateful if someone can bring back my hubby’s football!
The satellite box probably needs the software updated, we had the same problem a few years ago . If you go online teleco should explain how to do that. We purchased a new motorhome in December and deliberately did not order a satellite dish as they are such a pain. We just have an Ariel and wi fi for Netflix etc if it works it works if not it means I have to chat to the other half which is very nice.
Some people do say satellite dishes on motorhome will be obsolete within few years.

May 19, 2018
Funster No
Is it the satellite box saying no signal, or the TV saying no signal? If it's the latter it could be a loose lead. Can you access the satellite box menu OK on the TV screen ?

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
It’s locking on to the satellite
But which satellite?

I think you have inadvertently changed the satellite. It should be on Astra 2 - setting number 7 on ours.

Turn it off. Then click the on button repeatedly but slowly until the control box display says Astra 2

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
If you were trying to lock on to Astra 28 South, try Astra 28 North instead. Our Alden system, not used since last autumn, couldn’t find the Southern beam when I tried it recently. It still found the Northern beam though. Currently awaiting email response from Alden regarding an update.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
Mar 11, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The satellite box probably needs the software updated, we had the same problem a few years ago . If you go online teleco should explain how to do that. We purchased a new motorhome in December and deliberately did not order a satellite dish as they are such a pain. We just have an Ariel and wi fi for Netflix etc if it works it works if not it means I have to chat to the other half which is very nice.
Some people do say satellite dishes on motorhome will be obsolete within few years.
Thanks for your reply. We updated the software a few years ago with the help of Teleco and all was well. They now advise there have not been any more recent updates, so we should be good to go on that front.

OP
OP
S
Mar 11, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Is it the satellite box saying no signal, or the TV saying no signal? If it's the latter it could be a loose lead. Can you access the satellite box menu OK on the TV screen ?
The readout on the control panel says we are locked onto Astra 28, but the TV screen says “no signal”. Cann’t get beyond that to see any menu. Will check the lead

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The readout on the control panel says we are locked onto Astra 28, but the TV screen says “no signal”. Cann’t get beyond that to see any menu. Will check the lead
On that basis I would say a problem with the cabling / connections from the controller to the TV.

EDIT: OK probably looking at a smack in the face but you have got the TV set to the correct input eg sat "F" socket / hdmi and not terrestrial TV rf aerial socket?:whistle2:

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
Astra 28.2°E is the name for the group of Astra communications satellites co-located at the 28.2° East position in the Clarke Belt that are owned and operated by SES based in Betzdorf, Luxembourg. It is one of the major TV satellite positions serving Europe

My guess is still that you are locked onto the wrong satellite.

There are a lot of satellites up there.

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Had the same problem a while ago in France.
Try pressing green (I think) button on hand set. Should then display 2 options
Astra 1 etc and Astra 2 etc.
Scroll down to Astra 2..

Hope that helps

All the best

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
You could also ring this guy who works for Scan-Terieur.
Simon Croft 07836 218103. He may be able to direct you to someone
Alternatively, if you are travelling anywhere near Luton on your way oop North you could contact S & G Home and Leisure.
01582 562277. Very helpful people who would help if they are able. Try Daniel (S & G) on 07747 462036.

May 19, 2018
Funster No
Of course, related to my previous post, if the actual tuner box isn't turned on then the TV won't receive a signal either. I presume you have a remote for the TV and the tuner?

OP
OP
S
Mar 11, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A big thank you to everyone who replied to my thread. Our motorhome is stored under a low roof so haven’t been able to raise the dish and to check out all your suggestions yet. It’ll be out tomorrow as we head off on our hols, so will check cables, press green buttons etc then. Fingers crossed! Thanks again.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I lost all SD satellite transmissions from freesat
HD only now

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Something similar happened to my Camos dome system recently...the dish in (the dome) would twirl around, up and down and make all the usual noises (reminds me of sparky the magic piano...you have to be of a certain age for this simile)...anyway, kept getting the no signal and various lights on the Camos control box. Google search for remedies suggested transponder changes, cable connection failures, system outdated and completely buggered, etc...so I started swapping stuff.

I had a spare control box, swapping made no difference, I re-made the connections in the sat coax cable at the dome, no difference, I swapped out the coax from dome to control box, still no difference. The last thing I tried was the shortest coax, from control box to the receiver, success...all channels now working.

What made this more testing was that I'd recently changed the sat receiver from the Sky Pace 1000 (fab box) to a Humax receiver so that I could get HD channels ie all BBC tv and radio (love R6). Obviously I'd disturbed that particular coax cable to such an extent that it failed.

Hope this helps

Allen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back