igcw9170

Free Member
Apr 12, 2010
swansea
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I now this can probably be a million and one different things, but just in case i'm missing something obvious. my family are of the belief that the tv is one of the most important items needed when living in a motorhome. Last weekend we stayed at a site with tv hookup on each pitch, great? no! our techwood tv with built in freeview searched for channels, found channels, each will be good for about 20 secs then freeze, then blue screen, then 30 secs later will come back on, then repeat the same. Spoke to another motorhomer who suggested a booster, bought one, tried it, made no difference. Signal strength shows good, tried it in different arial sockets and it made no difference. I can play dvd's on the tv and the pictures fine. Any suggestions would be gratefully received, apart from "bin the t.v"
cheers.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Always start with "The bleedin' obvious". Have you asked the site owners?

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Only site we we're on with TV hookup was rubbish, I could get better with the roof aeriel.

We have digital TV and sat in the van and in 5 years we've watched a handfull of F1 races, 1 top gear and some DVDs.

Often we plan on a DVD night, but the time consuming tasks of having a pint, a natter and a spot of food often result in it being far to late.

F1 we like, but if the suns out it seems rude to site in doors watching telly, mind you I did once but gave up on all but the actual race:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi

We are also on a site with TV connection at each hu post......its cable tv, can you switch off the freeview, that may allow the cable access.

BTW if the cable is as on this site, I understand it offers about 5 channels. bbc 1, 2, itv, ch4, and a sport channel.

The site owner should be able to advise.

Nomadic

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Some sites actually decode the digital channels and present them as analogue channels, so you need to retune as analogue as opposed to digital. Hope that makes sense. As imprint mentioned check with the site owners first. :thumb:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Thats why we dont have a tv sounds like too much trouble.

Dale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
I

igcw9170

Free Member
Apr 12, 2010
swansea
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
spoke to site owner and neighbours, tried their arial socket which worked for them, but no different. Thinking it must be a fault with the t.v or the built in freeview.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
daft question maybe but you are tuning the digital tuner and not the anologue one ?

only been on one site, in wales, with tv hookup.....£1 a night and crap.
got a better signal and picture with the old 'flying saucer' aerial.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back