Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive had terrible service from this company this week ive used them before without any probem but this time its been a disaster
Two weeks ago i ordered a battery to be delivered wednesday this week sat in all day it didnt come and tracking didnt work phoned them thursday morning and was told they were having courier problems but it was on the system now for that day didnt turn up
friday morning i got up to a text saying it had been delivered, went out and searched in case they had left but nothing. rang tanyas again and was basically called a liar and they couldnt do anything till the spoke to the couriers to get proof off delivery phoned three times over the day and still same story
got up saturday to a text saying it would arrive monday sat in till 12 got another text saying the couldnt deliver today and did i have another address it could be sent to
this lead to a very heated discusion with tanyas regarding me wanting a refund which they refused if it turns up tommorow we will not be accepting it as ive been out and bought one

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Frustrating, definitely, but is the fault with Tanya or the Courier service?
Courier service..it's a nightmare ATM..
But as for them saying it was delivered ..they knowmitbwasnt as the vans now all have GPS to pinpoint if it stopped at your address.

Tanya will claim anything back from the courier

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Unfortunately with the Royal Mail strikes it’s now affecting all the other couriers too .
We are having a nightmare with some of our deliveries .
Some customers really do think we have some degree of control once their orders leave here , we will have to have a serious rethink on deliveries in the new year ,
What we get back for lost or damaged items is a complete joke , even trying to speak to a courier can be a couple of hours wasted ⚠️
It doesn’t help you with your battery but hopefully it explains the situation at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Sounds like an opening for someone to set a courier business up, buy a reliable van, seems like there's plenty of work.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We've been waiting for an IKEA delivery for a couple of weeks. Almost every day we get an email saying it's not coming out that day but will the next.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I think you’ve been very unlucky, I ordered 2 new leisure batteries from Tayna last Sunday and they were delivered Tuesday by DX express as expected.

May 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Imala 620
Exp
I ordered a large car battery a week or so ago for my Mercedes, very much cheaper than identical batteries from well known motor factors. I placed the order on a weekend and realised that this would slow the advertised delivery time a little. Sure enough a couple of days later it arrived, very well packaged and fully charged. I cant fault the company who kept me informed at every stage. I know this doesn't help the OP but perhaps the problem was a rare one?

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
I ordered from tanya batteries and got my delivery a few days later only to find it was a smaller CCA than the one i had ordered .
When i mailed them i was told it was a typo and rather than returning it they'd knock me a tenner off .
Not what i wanted but time constraints meant i didnt really have a choice.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Sorry to hear about your problems. Personally I have used Tayna three times this year and each time the response has been faultless and the battery has arrived the next day.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
A friend of mine is semi retired and running a courier outsourcing business. He employs the one man bands right up to multinationals and has said that the small businesses he uses are massively more reliable right now. They will often take a job short notice as a back load, returning from a bigger delivery. The big players are all suffering from Royal Mail strikes increasing workload and an ever diminishing pool of available drivers to take on temporary contracts like the temps at Christmas. Agencies are paying way over the odds to attract more drivers. Not a particularly nice job though with angry customers blaming drivers and the office constantly cracking the whip

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Never had an issue. But the last couple of weeks couriers 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
yes excuse the typo i understand the problems with couriers at the moment but amazon delivered a can of paint 16 hours from order to delivery so it can be done. i think my problem was really the attitude i got from the phone calls

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Amazon have their own depots, dedicated vans and drivers. They fall down though with the items they don't stock and fulfilled by third parties. My experience is that last week expected delivery windows for such items went from 3 days to 3 weeks. So in the new year. I have had to pay an extra few quid for cheap items but guaranteed next working day on Prime

Stupidly I have had stuff arrive from China quicker than stuff from the UK using royal mail as they use yodel

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
It’s the busiest month of the year for delivery companies, because of the mountains of extra Christmas purchases. Royal Mail are striking, delivery companies are struggling to recruit staff, perhaps delays should be expected right now. Like others I’ve always found Tayna first class.

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
I had an interesting experience with a battery delivery by Tayna.
It was pouring with rain when the delivery driver arrived outside my house. He grabbed the battery off the back of his truck. It was in a large cardboard box which was already soaked and disintegrated as he handed it to me leaving me holding the battery that was also wrapped in a layer of polythene sheeting.
"Its got rather wet" I said to him. 'Ah yes, it's been sweating a bit' he said.
As I carried the battery and polythene wrap indoors dripping wet I rapidly became aware of a strong smell and a burning sensation on my skin. It wasn't just rainwater it was covered in, but battery acid.
Fortunately, there wasn't any real damage to either the battery or myself - but it was a scary experience.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Maybe they just don't being called Tanya? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Doesn't usually both, quite thick skinned.
tanya.JPG

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
yes excuse the typo i understand the problems with couriers at the moment but amazon delivered a can of paint 16 hours from order to delivery so it can be done. i think my problem was really the attitude i got from the phone calls
That the problem..if they sound like they don't give a shit then it can put us on the attack.
The problem is..if you out yourself in the shoes of courier companies they reply on trying to control Jimmy Smith (or rather thousands of Jimmy smiths) out in his van in the middle of wherever and if he's in abad day or a rogue agency staffer has the round that day you are snookered.
This is why we see "oh our DPD driver is brill" and then "our DPD is rubbish"
Not easy

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Salvage Rebuilds channel just gave them a good review. 👍

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
Battery appeared on our doorstep this morning left behind the bin box soaking wet so i may have been left after we went yesterday phoned them and got someone who actually apologised i suspect a manger who did give a shite goinh to be collected after xmas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back