Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tam maybe, just Maybe, The French are not only arrogant & seemingly mindless in parking so close to us Brits, or maybe its a ploy they use so often, as they know they will P..s us off and every neighbour they park beside, which in turn will make them give in and move further away, giving them the perfect spot they really wanted? Maybe not so daft after all, must get really bad in peak season, perhaps they are practising their art:mad:

Bit like sharing a 3ft 6" single bed with a girlfriend, and who will give in first and move onto the floor, me because of her boney elbows, or her because of my partaking of a few glasses of Guinness the night before:D2
Have fun.
Les

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
It would break your heart Tam, and you would probably end up in a Spanish jail coz you'd thumped someone rather seriously.
(At least you would if you are remotely like me).

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam maybe, just Maybe, The French are not only arrogant & seemingly mindless in parking so close to us Brits, or maybe its a ploy they use so often, as they know they will P..s us off and every neighbour they park beside, which in turn will make them give in and move further away, giving them the perfect spot they really wanted? Maybe not so daft after all, must get really bad in peak season, perhaps they are practising their art:mad:

Bit like sharing a 3ft 6" single bed with a girlfriend, and who will give in first and move onto the floor, me because of her boney elbows, or her because of my partaking of a few glasses of Guinness the night before:D2
Have fun.
Les
Aye there's every chance ...I just find it really sodding ignorant. And I wish my French was good so I could actually ask them why they do it.

Because surely they can't enjoy hearing every noise from the van next door either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I swear dugs are worse than bloody children.

Right so a question for doggy owners

@Val 2 dogs white your opinion

So jade is now 14/15 months old and milo is just over 6 months

So jade is on adult food and milo is on puppy food ...

But

The little shitzus seem to play silly buggers and keep stealing each other's ....often refusing to eat their own and when my backs turned jades in there scoffing milos food which is smaller.

Puppy food is obviously higher calories etc which the pup needs and the adult food is larger and harder

I'm seriously considering just putting jade back on the puppy stuff too till milo is old enough to just put both on adult as then they dont think one is getting something better than the other which is what they are doing now.

Any adverse problems doing this?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It would break your heart Tam, and you would probably end up in a Spanish jail coz you'd thumped someone rather seriously.
(At least you would if you are remotely like me).
Aye there's every chance cause I can't stand cowardly buggers who neglect and deliberately hurt animals.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I don't know if I can answer that one Tam. in the olden days when I was a kid growing up, there was just "Winalot'" biscuit, (fed in conjunction with tinned meat), and "Shapes"(big round multi-coloured biscuits).
We had various sizes and ages of dogs over the years, nothing bigger than a smallish labrador until we got the Great Danes, (but that's another story), they all had "winalot", just more or less according to size.
Nothing appeared to take harm from this regime and they all lived to a healthy old age.
There is so much choice of food now ir is positively bewildering
I think I would be inclined to keep both on Milo's puppy food.
If Jade is wolfing it down, I would place large smooth beach or river pebbles in her bowl amongst the feed to try and slow her down a bit.
Alternatively organise two anchor points to which each is fastened at meal times. Then they can only eat their own feed, pick up any left-overs and put them Out of reach before releasing them.
The latter method would Probably be my first choice.
As you progress on your travels there will come a time you won't have the choices, they will just have to eat whatever is available, they will survive (and probably thrive):).

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Tam. Everything is so complicated nowadays. Special this and special that. When we were kids and our family had a dog it got tinned dog food mixed with biscuits and a drop of water. All our dogs lived to old age. The same as we (humans) are doing, I suppose. The ones of us who are still eating home cooked food and not fast food/takeaways three times a day that is.

Ignore the "experts" and follow your instincts.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
The 2 above answers are good.
We never gave our pups anything special food-wise.
Put them on the same food either Milo’s or Jade’s I really don’t think it will make a lot of difference.
You can get a specially shaped bowl for dogs that bolt their food. Doesn’t do their gut any good to eat too fast.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok that was my thinking too , I think nowadays dog food companies like insurance companies have cottoned on folk love their dogs so they come out with all sorts of nonsense regarding dog food

My mum's dogs were never fed on anything special either.

I think I'll just feed them both the junior stuff for now.

@Shrimp milo isn't bolting his food as much now he actually leaves some which is when jade sneaks In and eats it

I think he's finally realised it isn't his last meal

First few days he hoovered it lol without chewing

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
They have plenty of crocs and blooming flip flops though.

Just not classy sandals....
Nowt wrong with CROCS,,I used to wear leather sandals but was forever splitting my toes open on guy rope pegs etc..Since changing over to Crocs not had an injury. Cant drive in them though because they are so wide but very comfortable for walking in.BUSBY..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Ok that was my thinking too , I think nowadays dog food companies like insurance companies have cottoned on folk love their dogs so they come out with all sorts of nonsense regarding dog food

My mum's dogs were never fed on anything special either.

I think I'll just feed them both the junior stuff for now.

@Shrimp milo isn't bolting his food as much now he actually leaves some which is when jade sneaks In and eats it

I think he's finally realised it isn't his last meal

First few days he hoovered it lol without chewing

You can buy non alcoholic dog and cat wine:LOL:,,who would buy that but they do..Our Jack Russell was very partial to Sweet Martini years ago and helped herself from your glass if you were not watching,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
There's two old German vans parked here together 2 couple's maybe late 30's early 40's with 2 young lads the two dad's have guitars the two lads on harmonica and one woman on a tambourine but tapping it and they are brilliant ...one of the guys singing too

Had whiskey in the jar, among many other tunes played so far .....young lads are great on the harmonicas

I've also got a French mad now cuddled up to my passenger side .....loads of space no idea why he has to be so bloody close

They have been hoovering and banging rugs and carpets since they arrived an hour ago . They have a very loud and hairy German shepard that keeps barking and setting off jade.

Motorhoming could be so pleasant without the French :p
Stick some music on,The Proclaimers should shift them. BUSBY.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Nowt wrong with CROCS,,I used to wear leather sandals but was forever splitting my toes open on guy rope pegs etc..Since changing over to Crocs not had an injury. Cant drive in them though because they are so wide but very comfortable for walking in.BUSBY..
I have a black inconspicuous pair of crocs I use if just nipping out van to the bin or something. ..wouldn't be seen dead wearing them on beach or in town lol.

Reactions: TCG

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Stick some music on,The Proclaimers should shift them. BUSBY.
Proclaimers are one of the few in the music industry who didn't sell out and sing in a mid Atlantic accent , pure east coast is what you get. Can only listen to a couple of their songs , not a fan, but not derogatory towards them at all.
Wish I had some of their dosh(y).
John

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Here sporty folk really do have very high boredom thresholds eh.

These jetskis ...I mean I have to admit the first 5 minutes I watched them I thought that looks good fun ...then after 10 minutes of watching them go round and round and round I got a little bored

8 hours they've been doing it now and as enthusiastic as the start ....

Meh.....

And as for folk sitting watching it for 8 hours some of them filming it on there phones man

Weirdoes.

As for the over excited Spanish equivalent of murray walker ...he's starting to get right on my man boobs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Proclaimers are one of the few in the music industry who didn't sell out and sing in a mid Atlantic accent , pure east coast is what you get. Can only listen to a couple of their songs , not a fan, but not derogatory towards them at all.
John
I can do a mean proclaimers impersonation

But then they didn't live that far away

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I was saying I enjoyed their music and thought they were good ....they've been staying here for weeks and get this they have been playing gigs in one of the Irish bars lol ....they sing and play all the Irish folk songs they were doing yesterday ....so they practice during the day ....

So the Irish bars are owned by Russians, lithuanians etc and the Irish music is played by Germans ha ha ha

I went in a pub a while ago in the middle of nowhere in North Wales, and they were playing Country & Western - but sang in Welsh! 'Twas a little surreal. Not just one track either, a whole album, and all the locals seemed to like it.

Mind you I was in a pub in Tamworth a little while ago, these 2 chaps were doing a music night - and they were OK actually, doing covers of Eagles songs mostly, not really my thing but I don't object. All was well until they started taking requests, when we realised that whatever was asked for, would be played in the style of the Eagles. We had fun giving them odd requests - first time I've heard Paradise City by Guns & Roses sound like Hotel California. Mind you, it's a versatile song....

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I went in a pub a while ago in the middle of nowhere in North Wales, and they were playing Country & Western - but sang in Welsh! 'Twas a little surreal. Not just one track either, a whole album, and all the locals seemed to like it.

Mind you I was in a pub in Tamworth a little while ago, these 2 chaps were doing a music night - and they were OK actually, doing covers of Eagles songs mostly, not really my thing but I don't object. All was well until they started taking requests, when we realised that whatever was asked for, would be played in the style of the Eagles. We had fun giving them odd requests - first time I've heard Paradise City by Guns & Roses sound like Hotel California. Mind you, it's a versatile song....

The eagles dinnae sing like that lol

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
John
I love them,,bit of a Cult following now,,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I have a black inconspicuous pair of crocs I use if just nipping out van to the bin or something. ..wouldn't be seen dead wearing them on beach or in town lol.
Over the years i have had lime green, orange and red,,i don't care a shit what others think i love em,,not had a split toe for years either,,Got to be genuine CROCS though.BUSBY.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Is that their surname , didn't know that:D.
Any close neighbours tonight neebor(y). A fair number on here will be wondering what I mean:D.
Keep safe.
John
Naw. .that jet ski thing is still going on so campers can't get in or out

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Over the years i have had lime green, orange and red,,i don't care a shit what others think i love em,,not had a split toe for years either,,Got to be genuine CROCS though.BUSBY.
No missing you then lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back