LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
There is a wide variety of 'plastic' type crockery and some of the cheap stuff is horrible and scratches very easily but a good quality set is certainly worth having IMV.

That succinctly sums up the differences in our upbringings, mam and dad brought us up on the cheap, horrible stuff in our early caravan days :D

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
We used to have China crockery in the caravan but bought Corelli when we changed to our MH as its lighter in weight. The mugs are not the same material they are thick China so they went to a charity shop. I'm hoping there is a stand at the NEC in a couple of weeks as we need two more tea plates. We originally bought 4 of everything but now need 6. Tried online but tea plates are out of stock. I think they are a good buy.
They are always at the show and you can buy single pieces

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
When we had our first motorhome 13 years ago I picked up a fairly cheap melamine dinner set from Wilkinsons. Thought it would do for a little while....still using it. Brilliant product apart from the mugs that ended up too badly stained some use china ones now. I'm not owed some Vorelle when we were in Florida as it was a really good price but the thought of trying to bring it back put me off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Or first tableware, bought in the early 70’s, was orange Melamine. Used on picnics as well as in the caravan, it had many good properties. It never broke and never got lost! I think we may even still have it, somewhere….

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Or first tableware, bought in the early 70’s, was orange Melamine. Used on picnics as well as in the caravan, it had many good properties. It never broke and never got lost! I think we may even still have it, somewhere….
... you know you are gonna have to hunt it out now don't you ... just so you can show us a photo of it! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back