Rally Chat Sunshine Festival 2017 Upton 24-28 August Meet (2 Viewers)

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Still waiting to hear if Chris can get Thurs and Fri off work so not posted cheque yet.Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are currently trying to negotiate the best location we can in the camping field but the more we have coming the more likely we are to get a good spot so please post on this thread or message to receive a booking form :)

List so far of Funsters attending Sunshine Meet:
1. Wombles - Alan & Karen
2. Hilldweller - Brian & Dinah
3. Jockaneezer - Graeme & Val
4. Retiring Joyce (already booked not via offer)
5. Jo-ca - John
6. DLT - Julia & Dave

Sunshine Festival does sell out so this is a limited time offer!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you ... going to try and sort out. Should know tomorrow.

@Cal54 any of the girls interested or are they alreadg booked.

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Unfortunately Chris can't get the extra time off work so we will have to give this a miss this year.
Lesley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Unfortunately Chris can't get the extra time off work so we will have to give this a miss this year.
Lesley
That's a shame but thank you for letting us know. There are a lot of other rallies & meets this year or maybe it'll work out next year :)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sunshine Festival Motorhome Fun Meet ticket price:
Adults £64 each (normally £80) which includes entry ticket & camping from Thursday 24 August 2pm at no extra cost (normally £10 extra) until Monday 28 August 2pm. We will have our own allocated area so can be camped together (y) To book please PM (private message) me with your email so I can email the booking form to you (should be sent to me on Wednesday) which you then post to Sunshine organisers with your cheque - as this is a special offer it can't be booked via their website. There will be toilets & showers provided & dogs are allowed :)
To PM left click on our Womble photo to the left then on "Start A Conversation" in our profile. Any problems just post on the thread & I can PM you.
16441357_1611707895511258_1829591797_n.jpg

Got yourselves a good deal there.
As I said earlier we've been 4 or 5 times (giving it a miss this year) a fantastic music festival with a nice family atmosphere you'll have a great time.(y)(y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you to all those who have booked so far (y)
Anyone else interested please request a form with our Funster Discount Offer :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
To keep this thread bumped up (so as many Funsters have the chance to book as possible) but for it hopefully to still be interesting & informative :unsure: there will be posts to follow related to all aspects of Sunshine.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Want to see Paul Young sing this & more then get your Funster Discount booking form for Sunshine!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
One of the other headline acts - Blue :

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
That's just 4 of the 10 main acts - got to be great value at our Funster Discount price of £64 each with 4 nights camping! :Grin:Sunshine is dog friendly too. Please PM or post on this thread to receive a booking form - Sunshine does sell out so don't leave it too long...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are currently trying to negotiate the best location we can in the camping field but the more we have coming the more likely we are to get a good spot so please post on this thread or message to receive a booking form :)

List so far of Funsters attending Sunshine Meet:
1. Wombles - Alan & Karen
2. Hilldweller - Brian & Dinah
3. Jockaneezer - Graeme & Val
4. Retiring Joyce (already booked not via offer)
5. Jo-ca - John
6. DLT - Julia & Dave
7. Movan - Joy

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump for those Funsters who may only be on the forum at weekends :hi:
Sunshine Festival Motorhome Fun Meet discount ticket price:
Adults £64 each (normally £80) which includes entry ticket & camping from Thursday 24 August 2pm at no extra cost (normally £10 extra) until Monday 28 August 2pm. We will have our own allocated area so can be camped together (y) To book please PM (private message) me with your email so I can email the booking form to you which you then post to Sunshine organisers with your cheque - as this is a special offer it can't be booked via their website. There will be toilets & showers provided & dogs are allowed :)
To PM left click on our Womble photo to the left then on "Start A Conversation" in our profile. Any problems just post on the thread & I can PM you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
16441357_1611707895511258_1829591797_n.jpg

We get an extra days camping included free & a discount price (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Now... if you looked like that cutie fur baby all us Floras wouldn't be ble to keep our hands off you. ;)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
That's just 4 of the 10 main acts - got to be great value at our Funster Discount price of £64 each with 4 nights camping! :Grin:Sunshine is dog friendly too. Please PM or post on this thread to receive a booking form - Sunshine does sell out so don't leave it too long...
I noticed the festival is also dig friendly. Is that at the shows too? I am obviously ignorant to festivals generally. Is it open air. Bring own seats? Standing? Dog can come to show? It's sounding more and more stupid as I write this but we've never been to a festival so there's obviously things we need to know. However, is there any spaces please?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
If it's a similar setup to the Upton Blues festival earlier in the year, some of the venues are open air and you can take your own seats (the rugby ground for example) some are in pubs which may or may not be dog friendly and some are held in a couple of the local halls which I think weren't dog friendly.
There are at least a couple of dog friendly pubs, and two cafés which we used for breakfast, which welcomed dogs and there was a marquee in the camping field that did bacon butties and coffees which I suspect might be in attendance for the Sunshine festival.
We will be taking our two hounds with us.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
..but if weather good most are in streets ad on river bank and dancing in streets and in park opposite river and wherever takes your fancy.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I noticed the festival is also dig friendly. Is that at the shows too? I am obviously ignorant to festivals generally. Is it open air. Bring own seats? Standing? Dog can come to show? It's sounding more and more stupid as I write this but we've never been to a festival so there's obviously things we need to know. However, is there any spaces please?
Your questions are very sensible & will be relevant to others (y) Festivals & motorhoming are a great combination in our opinion & add in a few friendly Funsters as part of a Fun Meet can only make it better :hi5: Sunshine, Upton Blues, Old Bush Blues & Retrofestival are dog friendly for both the camping & the festival areas as I understand it. Matt at Old Bush (pub) has asked that no dogs in the bar inside (plenty of covered outside areas though) when it's busy but fine at quieter times. BunkFest is no dogs at the official campsite as it is at a Sports Park & we will pitched on their fields but not a problem in the festival areas & town. Mello don't allow dogs - don't know why but maybe just one of the rules of leasing the airfield?
Of all those mentioned above we have only been to Retro Newbury before so maybe other Funsters who have been before can help with more details? We will be taking seats in case we need or want them, most festivals have an open area in front of the main stage & several other smaller covered areas. It will be summer so keeping our fingers crossed for good weather :sun: All the festival meets mentioned have spaces at the moment but some have a limited number of pitches or are popular so may sell out so booking soon is advisable. I will Private Message you with regards to the booking form for Sunshine in case you do decide you might like to come along.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@EX51SSS please PM me if you can & would like a booking form as the Start A Conversation option isn't available on your profile.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
@movan wont manage this one as John will be using the van.
How very dare he lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back