Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 2, 2019
Vale of Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
Carado T447
Exp
I am a newbie ex caravaner for 40years
We set off nearly two weeks ago from the euro tunnel taking the western route and we are now in Villajoyosa but we are struggling to get any further down the coast as every camp site or paying Aire is fully booked until the end of February .
we are using the usual Campercontact , ACSI and Search for sites .
If I’d have know this would be the situation I would have pre booked months ago although that in itself spoils the concept of travelling in a motorhome?
Any ideas?

Solution2
Everyone and his/her mother want to be coastal in Spain at this time of year. We're travelling inland at the moment and its very quiet, during the week, at least. We're on camperstop near Valdepeñas and we have one German neighbour.

Last night we were in Úbeda and there were about 7 motorhomes there, but that's a touristic town.
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We are in Villajoyosa but always book for 2 months so here until the end of February, after then the campsites heading home start to have space.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
There are plenty of Camperstops but you need to move inland a little, you can always find somewhere. Keep searching.

4A7891EA-2234-45C4-8E56-504F1FEDDB25.jpeg

Upvote 0

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Everyone and his/her mother want to be coastal in Spain at this time of year. We're travelling inland at the moment and its very quiet, during the week, at least. We're on camperstop near Valdepeñas and we have one German neighbour.

Last night we were in Úbeda and there were about 7 motorhomes there, but that's a touristic town.

Upvote 0
Solution
OP
OP
Millsy's
Mar 2, 2019
Vale of Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
Carado T447
Exp
I’m pretty sure THIS camperstop at Los Alcazares on the Mar Menor will have spaces, and others in the vicinity too.
Spoke to this site today and they said that they are full but to try in the morning as the campers typically just up and go .
Apparently this year Spain has seen a massive increase in Motorhomes visiting from Germany , Belgium etc .

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Upvote 0
May 29, 2017
Ayr,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express
Exp
virgin
Spoke to this site today and they said that they are full but to try in the morning as the campers typically just up and go .
Apparently this year Spain has seen a massive increase in Motorhomes visiting from Germany , Belgium etc .
I used this very site last year and, not expensive ,good restaurant onsite.
I would drive there in the morning and, if full- just wait at the gate, I am sure you will get in ok,

royandsharont said:
I’m pretty sure THIS camperstop at Los Alcazares on the Mar Menor will have spaces, and others in the vicinity too.

Good luck,
Leo

Upvote 1

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Maybe people wanting to avoid contact in hotels
Whatever - it might help to explain why the OP is finding it difficult to find sites in popular locations.

Although I'm a bit confused that they say the notion of pre-booking is contrary to the ethos of motorhoming, then moans there are no sites/aires available to pre-book.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Millsy's
Mar 2, 2019
Vale of Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
Carado T447
Exp
Whatever - it might help to explain why the OP is finding it difficult to find sites in popular locations.

Although I'm a bit confused that they say the notion of pre-booking is contrary to the ethos of motorhoming, then moans there are no sites/aires available to pre-book.
Fair comment but let me clarify I am not looking to pre-book as such just looking for a new site every other day or so to move down the coast and make my way across to Portugal but as I said if I knew that it was going to be this difficult to move on a hundred miles or so. I would have had to resort to making a strict schedule and booked ahead accordingly.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Fair comment but let me clarify I am not looking to pre-book as such just looking for a new site every other day or so to move down the coast and make my way across to Portugal but as I said if I knew that it was going to be this difficult to move on a hundred miles or so. I would have had to resort to making a strict schedule and booked ahead accordingly.
fair comment

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
SORRY!

Camperalia Finistrat Benidorm

Broken Link Removed
It’s very nice opened 10 days ago it’s got a swimming pool barbecue area laundry room brand new shower complex.15 euro per night

View attachment 714268View attachment 714270
I know where it is now, it’s between Benidorm and Villajoyosa, walked quite near to it last week but never noticed it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Millsy's
Mar 2, 2019
Vale of Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
Carado T447
Exp

So wildcamp and if the police come to say you have to go to a campsite show them your log of phone calls.
In hind site it’s probably a combination of sites being extra busy and my naivety as its my first time in a motorhome in Spain , I was always under the impression that site were pretty much available this time of year .

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
In hind site it’s probably a combination of sites being extra busy and my naivety as its my first time in a motorhome in Spain , I was always under the impression that site were pretty much available this time of year .
Go inland a bit and you will find plenty of room. 👍

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I used this very site last year and, not expensive ,good restaurant onsite.
I would drive there in the morning and, if full- just wait at the gate, I am sure you will get in ok,

royandsharont said:

Good luck,
Leo
If not the carpark next door to this is a free stop plenty staying there when we left a few weeks ago until space come available on the aire.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
If your really stuck this is a big nice site you will definitely get on.

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Reading some of the above replies, leads me to think that some folk haven't been in Spain since the Pandemic, well it's changed quite a lot since then..last year we put the blame on the ferry link between Spain and Morocco causing severe congestion here on the Costas...
Well that link is open now...so what's the real reason for a worsening situation..I certainly do not know...perhaps all other nationalities now come to Spain knowing there are less Brits here now..😃😃😃 But joking apart, I really don't know where all of this is leading, we generally look forward to when many start migrating north again....this gives us residents with motorhomes greater freedom to travel again...this generally starts about....🤔

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Reading some of the above replies, leads me to think that some folk haven't been in Spain since the Pandemic, well it's changed quite a lot since then..last year we put the blame on the ferry link between Spain and Morocco causing severe congestion here on the Costas...
Well that link is open now...so what's the real reason for a worsening situation..I certainly do not know...perhaps all other nationalities now come to Spain knowing there are less Brits here now..😃😃😃 But joking apart, I really don't know where all of this is leading, we generally look forward to when many start migrating north again....this gives us residents with motorhomes greater freedom to travel again...this generally starts about....🤔
Oh the good old days.

Plenty of space, choice of plots. Low prices, lots of tables in restaurants on New Year’s Eve. Low priced ferries with choice of cabins. We were often the only motorhome on the ship !

Now look what we have done, promoting our form of travel and stops.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Millsy's
Mar 2, 2019
Vale of Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
Carado T447
Exp
When you get farther south I can recommend campingmarmenor.com
Ive just checked and seems they have plots over the next few days
I also like this spot for overnighting
66VF+5V Cuevas del Almanzora, Spain
Thank you , I did look at this website but it had a privacy warning on it ?
I was speaking to the receptionist at the site that I’m on at the moment and she said that 95% of the campers this year are from Northern Europe and that they block book for 5 months at a time and she also added that I was very lucky to get a pitch for a few days !! and as far as I can see I am the only Brit on site out of 120 pitches , it may be the cost of living crisis accounting for the Brits absence but if there one they wouldn’t be able to get on here anyway !

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back