Stopsy - Additional Stop Point For Van Sliding Door With Discount Code (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Anyone else fitted either Stopsy or Stay-Put? Do they allow you to easily have the door fully open? That’s my default and I love it but when it’s really windy I need to shield the gas and end up closing the door completely but I really prefer it open ... one of the bonuses of the sliding door ... Wombles I don’t suppose there’s a current discount code?

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
Made my own Stopsy out of 20mm x 20mm x 2mm aluminium angle. Just put a really smooth 'ramp' on the back and front with a dremmel and it works really well. Stuck to the rail with double sided tape. Can easily push it past the centre stop to open the door fully when required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Anyone else fitted either Stopsy or Stay-Put? Do they allow you to easily have the door fully open? That’s my default and I love it but when it’s really windy I need to shield the gas and end up closing the door completely but I really prefer it open ... one of the bonuses of the sliding door ... Wombles I don’t suppose there’s a current discount code?
Use a tennis ball and a 'wind deflector' for your cooker ... we have one that came with a previous MH which wasn't needed as it had been upgraded to include a full cooker (the deflector was for use with a basic hob) so we kept it and it has proved to be extremely useful over the years in our campers and motorhomes with the hobs next to the hab door/sliding door, we still use it in our Carthago.

Ours is simply 2 pieces of aluminium plate, about 18" x 10", 'hinged' on the short side and we just stand it up so it runs along the rear and side of the cooker nearest the door, we don't actually need it to be 2 full pieces as we have a glass cooker lid to protect the rear but it works as we need it to so no point in cutting it down.

If it's not clear what I'm referring to, something like the wind deflectors you get on camping stoves would work - see below:

1595439404864.png
1595439345660.png

You can actually buy 3 sided ones which might be the right size:

Amazon product ASIN B07TP2KK3Q

There are also the multi-plate folding ones too - they come in various sizes, example below:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=264646632662

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Use a tennis ball and a 'wind deflector' for your cooker ... we have one that came with a previous MH which wasn't needed as it had been upgraded to include a full cooker (the deflector was for use with a basic hob) so we kept it and it has proved to be extremely useful over the years in our campers and motorhomes with the hobs next to the hab door/sliding door, we still use it in our Carthago.

Ours is simply 2 pieces of aluminium plate, about 18" x 10", 'hinged' on the short side and we just stand it up so it runs along the rear and side of the cooker nearest the door, we don't actually need it to be 2 full pieces as we have a glass cooker lid to protect the rear but it works as we need it to so no point in cutting it down.

If it's not clear what I'm referring to, something like the wind deflectors you get on camping stoves would work - see below:

View attachment 409214View attachment 409213

You can actually buy 3 sided ones which might be the right size:

Amazon product ASIN B07TP2KK3Q

There are also the multi-plate folding ones too - they come in various sizes, example below:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=264646632662
Have you only got 2 rings in your Carthago? asking for a friend. :rofl:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Why does the stopsy need a back plate, surely one flat plate with the 2 bumps would work if sikaflexed down?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have you only got 2 rings in your Carthago? asking for a friend. :rofl:
???? We have a 3 ring hob with split glass cover ... the wind deflector also comes in useful to prevent hubby splattering the wallboard when he's cooking! :giggle:

1595441137829.png

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
Why does the stopsy need a back plate, surely one flat plate with the 2 bumps would work if sikaflexed down?
If you use Sikaflex or double sided tape on the bottom only of the DIY Stopsy it becomes too thick and the rollers realy 'clunk' over it.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I assume the Stopsy is still available to buy. It’s a German company isn’t it. I am interested in one but not sure how simple they are to order.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I assume the Stopsy is still available to buy. It’s a German company isn’t it. I am interested in one but not sure how simple they are to order.
Have a read through the earlier posts on this thread for how to order especially post #12 & right click on most websites brings up "Translate to English" (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Further to our PM just now - yes the door can be pushed past the Stopsy bump so opens fully as before.

UPDATE: Have requested a new Fun discount code for Stopsy as current one has expired so will post here once we get a reply. Also we like Regsy https://wohnmobil-caravan-zubehoer-....html?MODsid=21af740c494bcab0b7ce29751ec79b79 which they have been unable to ship to the UK before but checking again on that as finding goods deliveries from Germany have improved recently. Some couriers just took UK off their list when things were politically less certain.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Finally got around to fitting a couple of weeks ago the Stay-Put gadget I bought from MH Fun member Mistajim earlier in the year. (See earlier postings in this thread for details.)

Easy to fit, with everything you need in the kit supplied - except a pencil to mark where you wish to locate it. It took 10 mins, unlike most 10 min jobs which always seem to take at least 2 hours! Once epoxied in place it can not be moved, so you have to make a decision about where you wish the intermediate door retaining position to be. I fixed it so that when the sliding habitation door is partly closed it protects the galley area but leaves a wide enough opening for entrance/exit. And.....yes, it does work to hold the door at the intermediate position and to fully close/open without any problem.

SWMBO seems well pleased...... "Happy Wife, Happy Life" :smiley:

(p.s. Mistajim ....... the eBay link in your earlier thread no longer seems to work.)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just knocked this up today with a little bit of stainless I had lying around

Works a treat

You might need to increase the height of the raised bits so that when you park on a slope there is enough to stop the weight of the door taking the roller over them which, when I was experimenting with my 'clipsy' (fold back clip), I found it could do until I put some padding under it.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: Stopsy have kindly agreed discount code 20MHfun10 until 31st December (y) It's a smaller discount from the code than before but German VAT is also 3% lower at the moment so overall €46.68 including delivery so around the same & £43 at todays exchange rate.
When the red box comes up that usually means the code has been applied so once at checkout it should look like this:
Subtotal:34.07 EURDiscount coupons 20MHfun10:-2.39 EURShipping costs by zone (shipping to: GB: 3 kg):15.00 EURincluding VAT 16%:4.37 EURSum :46.68 EUR

Still hoping that the Regsy can be delivered to UK at some point but not yet possible due to its length.

Last edited:

Mistajim

Free Member
Dec 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
This year
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=124198716861
Finally got around to fitting a couple of weeks ago the Stay-Put gadget I bought from MH Fun member Mistajim earlier in the year. (See earlier postings in this thread for details.)

Easy to fit, with everything you need in the kit supplied - except a pencil to mark where you wish to locate it. It took 10 mins, unlike most 10 min jobs which always seem to take at least 2 hours! Once epoxied in place it can not be moved, so you have to make a decision about where you wish the intermediate door retaining position to be. I fixed it so that when the sliding habitation door is partly closed it protects the galley area but leaves a wide enough opening for entrance/exit. And.....yes, it does work to hold the door at the intermediate position and to fully close/open without any problem.

SWMBO seems well pleased...... "Happy Wife, Happy Life" :smiley:

(p.s. Mistajim ....... the eBay link in your earlier thread no longer seems to work.)
Thanks for that. I have a new Stay-Put batch available that I can supply for a discounted price of £35 directly to MH Fun members which will include postage and fitting kit. Just DM for details on how to purchase.
Revised link for ebay if you'd prefer to purchase via that platform...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=124198716861

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Thanks for that. I have a new Stay-Put batch available that I can supply for a discounted price of £35 directly to MH Fun members which will include postage and fitting kit. Just DM for details on how to purchase.
Revised link for ebay if you'd prefer to purchase via that platform...

Hi - did you mean £33 as that is what you offered to fellow Funsters for your product in March? Don't know what all the forum rules are but think you have to contact Jim if you are now trading on here for permission at least if you haven't already?

Mistajim

Free Member
Dec 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
This year
Hi there, I did ask if it was acceptable to post such a thread on my first post as well as sending Jim a message prior to that.
He never replied but I understand that he'll be more than busy.
As far as posting for commercial gain is concerned, my thoughts, with a discount, is simply helping out fellow forum members with a product that has captured my imagination as well as being extremely useful.
If I have gone against forum rules I will stop posting immediately. With this latest batch of Stay-Puts my manufacturing costs are slightly higher but it still represents a saving of 12.5% on the ebay listing.
Hope this is agreeable.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It's good to see someone coming up with alternatives. :giggle:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
???? We have a 3 ring hob with split glass cover ... the wind deflector also comes in useful to prevent hubby splattering the wallboard when he's cooking! :giggle:

View attachment 409216
that is very similar to our setup except we have a fridge below. Get really fed up with flame blowing out or needing to use the less efficient burner nearer the sink. Thanks Minxy Girl will be having a look for a wind deflector, might double up for the cadac too. my cooker is at the back of the doblo so might not need a stopsy.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Links are like brain surgery for me as I can’t do either but any plastic jointing block will do, you probably have one somewhere and yes just a self tapper into the back of the bottom piece.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi Mike
Could you link me to the furniture blocks you used please and did you just use self tapping screws into the body of the rail.
Tia.
This is what I used previously:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back