Stop Lock steering lock. (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
Does anyone know if the Stop Lock Air Bag steering lock will fit a Peugeot Boxer steering wheel? If not - what is your steering lock of choice?
Thanks
Garry.

Dec 18, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Elddis 185
Exp
since 2010
I use a Stoplock pro on my Peugeot boxer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
garry55
Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
Thanks for the replies (y)
I have ordered a Stop Lock Pro.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We have a Stop Lock Pro also and recommend it.(y)
Things seem to have moved a little since we bought ours, I was somewhat surprised, and somewhat amused at one of the Halfords new offerings.:whistle: (see below link)
This could almost be offered as a dual purpose van & personal security item, and saves having to carry a Glove & Ball to stop it being classed as a weapon.(y);)
I wonder if there will be a high demand for such a thing.
LES

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Sorry to invigorate an old thread, but I am also looking at a steering wheel lock.

Auto Express got some security expert with different tools to tray and remove them and only the Stoplock and the Milenco High Security beat the expert.

Two questions:
1. Amazon has four different models of the Stoplock:

1686650628419.png

I have a standard Ducato cab. Which one of these fits?

2. The Milenco comes with three keys, but the Stoplock only two. I have lost key paranoia and want three (pref four) keys. What type of key does the Stoplock use?

Cheers,

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
Things seem to have moved a little since we bought ours, I was somewhat surprised, and somewhat amused at one of the Halfords new offerings.:whistle: (see below link)
This could almost be offered as a dual purpose van & personal security item, and saves having to carry a Glove & Ball to stop it being classed as a weapon.(y);)
LES
I had one of the baseball bat type for my work van when the lock jammed took less than 30 seconds to remove it

LES

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
with an older hobby with no central/deadlocking on the passenger/drivers door I use a high tensile motorbike wire that ties to the drivers captain seat base then goes through the steering wheel through
the drivers door pull and back through the other wheel. the other end goes through the other side of the wheel spokes through the passenger door pull and back towards the steering wheel and padlocked together. this is left visible from outside. a visible dterent that lets the thieving b@st@rds know they can only get in and out through the windows

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Disklok for me too - and came with excellent reviews. Versions for LHD & RHD.

Left & Right hand drive?

It fit over loosely over the steering wheel (too tight and can be used to break the steering lock) how can it make a difference?
You're being Conned!

I also use Disklok.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Sorry to invigorate an old thread, but I am also looking at a steering wheel lock.

Auto Express got some security expert with different tools to tray and remove them and only the Stoplock and the Milenco High Security beat the expert.

Two questions:

View attachment 768407

2. The Milenco comes with three keys, but the Stoplock only two. I have lost key paranoia and want three (pref four) keys. What type of key does the Stoplock use?

Cheers,
Pro

Nov 7, 2018
Bristol UK
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I'm a newbie

Two questions:

View attachment 768407

Cheers,
Nothing Succeeds, like a Budgie with no Teeth (Gents)

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Go for the Milenco 'baseball bat' steering lock.

Very secure
Easy to remove with the key (whereas the disc locks are a pain in the arse)
Easy to ensure it is actually locked (unlike the disc lock which can look locked when it is not)
And above all easy to store within grab range of the driver. (The disc locks need to go in a locker)

Reactions: JRT
Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
Personally I'll get one of these

View attachment 768421

Agreed!

Other locks can be disabled by cutting the steering wheel. A few hundred pounds to replace on a van costing many tens of thousands. A no-brainer.

Our disklok is very easy to remove (very!) and stores very conveniently on the floor under the central console at the front (Ducato).

Wouldn't be without one.

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Go for the Milenco 'baseball bat' steering lock.

Very secure
Easy to remove with the key (whereas the disc locks are a pain in the arse)
Easy to ensure it is actually locked (unlike the disc lock which can look locked when it is not)
And above all easy to store within grab range of the driver. (The disc locks need to go in a locker)

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Just sold my Disklok on eBay as I found it very unwieldy and as a result often didn't fit it.

Bought the Milenco as it is very easy to store and fit.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Agreed!

Other locks can be disabled by cutting the steering wheel. A few hundred pounds to replace on a van costing many tens of thousands. A no-brainer.

Our disklok is very easy to remove (very!) and stores very conveniently on the floor under the central console at the front (Ducato).

Wouldn't be without one.
I have a Disklok and have no issue with it at all. Easy fit' easy off once you have done it a few times and a substantial deterrent in my view. It's a personal preference. I have had a milenco bar lock on my old LR S2a and that is ok too but just reckon the Disclok is a tad better deterrent.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Disclok all the time..
Sits between seats on floor and takes about 10sec to fit/remove
Fitted everytime we stop...
Disagree with the L' Hobo.. you would be very lucky to get it tight enough to break steering lock.. ( it only got three positions to lock) and even if you could, it is designed to float around wheel....
Some say that means you can still steer with it in situ.... NOPE, i can not even manouvere my van around driveway without taking it off..Absolutely no way could it be driven like that..

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Disclok all the time..
Sits between seats on floor and takes about 10sec to fit/remove
Fitted everytime we stop...
Disagree with the L' Hobo.. you would be very lucky to get it tight enough to break steering lock.. ( it only got three positions to lock) and even if you could, it is designed to float around wheel....
Some say that means you can still steer with it in situ.... NOPE, i can not even manouvere my van around driveway without taking it off..Absolutely no way could it be driven like that..
As I said in post #14, I too have and recommend Disklok BUT it comes in a number of sizes from small cars to large vans, that is the reason Disklok always advises you to measure your Steering Wheel.
As you say, they are designed to be loose, so, if you ordered a very small car one and tried fitting it to a large van, if it fitted at all, it would be tight, not loose!

PS. Although I have never tried it, I doubt if the Disklok on my Ducato would fit the large Steering Wheel on my VW T25?

My Disklok on the Ducato is loose enough to turn 360° around the steering wheel?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Disklok for me, easy to fit and remove and store at side of seat. I also find it impossible to steer even a tiny amount as it just rotates and lock arm also obstructs movement.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Is there much danger of these devices rubbing on the wheel and damaging the leather?
Not in my experience.... but if concerned they do a cover to go on wheel before fitting Disklok...👍👍👍

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
LES
i had one of those on my work van, when the lock jammed it took less than 20 seconds to remove it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back