Stone chips on my bonnet. (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Having a good hard look, I find many small stone chips leaving tiny holes in the paint. Having spent the best part of an hour looking up Stone Chip repairs, which mostly means dents of scuffing, I am still at a loss to find someone in the Bedfordshire area who can treat them. I have seen on the TV, people who come to your home and repair the little chips and then buff the surface leaving no trace of damage. Has anyone experience of such repairs and prices?

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Smoke and mirrors my friend, I run a small company offering mobile paint services to the trade, the only effective and durable repair will involve a full bonnet paint. Prevention is better than cure, to stop matters getting worse look at a protective film like Ventureshield from 3M.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Alan. Over the years I've often just 'touched-in' very small stone chips successfully with a touch-up pen from the vehicle manufacturer. They usually sell a kit that includes a clear coat to finish. But it only really works if the chips are small. Anything more significant and it would almost certainly be a panel re-spray as Crazylegs has suggested.

I recently had reason to have a minor bodywork repair on my van that included a sill being re-sprayed. We have a company called 'Scuffs' a couple of miles away and I was impressed by the result and the price was reasonable IMV.

I thought the company was part of a national chain, but I'm now thinking perhaps not? In any case, I took the van to them, rather than the repairs being undertaken at our place.

Cheers, Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Smoke and mirrors my friend, I run a small company offering mobile paint services to the trade, the only effective and durable repair will involve a full bonnet paint. Prevention is better than cure, to stop matters getting worse look at a protective film like Ventureshield from 3M.
I'd not heard of the Ventureshield product - looked it up. Interesting and thanks for posting.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Fit a bonnet bikini,,,,BUSBY,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!